Hp vs moderate plus? (Photo)

Hi ;). I am thinking about getting 500cc implant under the muscle and it's going to b saline . I am also getting a lollipop lift. At first I was set on mod+ implants but now I'm thinking about HP. I'm a 38 small C full B. My doc said I could go with either implant. I want the most rounded upper pole fullness and I also want the most cleavage. I'm a heavier girl (215lbs) and I'm 5'4 in height. I do want some side boob but I also want to see the top roundness.which implant do u recommend? HP/mod+?

Right kind of breast implants

+2
Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.

• If your chest is about a 14.4 cm, the moderate profile will probably be better.
  • For Allergan implants, only the gels come with the moderate + profile
  • Salines come lower, moderate and high profile.
  • But for maximum upper fullness and cleavage, the high profile might be better - a little narrower, so more gel in a smaller base.
  • You will probably be happy with either implant.
  • But try on sizers once again before you make your final decision. Best wishes.

Breast Augmentation Implant Size and Style

+2
Hi,
Based on your measurements, the broader based implant (moderate profile) would fit you better. Multiple measurements need to be taken to fit an implant to your exact anatomy. Have your surgeon's office show you the charts of the implant dimensions for the various profiles of silicone and saline from the manufacturer. Then you and your surgeon can piece together the puzzle by matching your measurements, with you wishes, versus your tissue cover and the available implants to arrive at a surgical plan. Keep in mind upsizing your implants can cause problems in the future.   All the best, "Dr. Joe" Gryskiewicz

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Moderate Plus vs High Profile

+2
Thank you for your pictures.  A couple of points, I think a 500 cc implant will make you huge since you have a good amount of breast tissue already.  Secondly, I don't know if your result will be similar to your "wish" pictures.  Lastly, a moderate plus implant is appropriate not a high profile implant.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Hp vs moderate plus?

+2
Thank you for the question and pictures.  Ultimately, careful measurements (dimensional planning)  and careful communication  with your plastic surgeon will be an important part of the preoperative and intraoperative planning process. You simply will not be able to receive precise enough advice online, regarding the best type of breast  implant size/profile to achieve your personal goals. Keep in mind, also that when breast augmentation and breast lifting are done together, the size of breast implants that can be utilize safety safely is limited;  remember, that when breast lifting is performed, skin is removed and the use of implants that are too large can be problematic. 
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation/lifting  surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
 1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your  desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc  means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of  in bra sizers and computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  I find that the use of temporary  intraoperative sizers ( with the patient in the upright position)  allows for accurate selection of breast implant size/profile to achieve patient's goals as precisely as possible.
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Profile not important

+1
Implant profile is the least of your problems.Your greatest problem is reshaping your breast tissue and correcting your asymmetrical volume, shape and position.A lollipop lift will be insufficient and I recommend a new technique called The Ultimate Breast LiftTM.Your breast tissue is reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection and you may not need implants.This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.The weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle resulting in long term stability.If you want larger volume, implants can be placed simultaneously.I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.500 cc implants will not fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

I think moderate plus profile is fine

+1
it is important to realize that the difference between the moderate plus versus the HP is largely marketing. i know this heretical but despite what the surgeons below feel, the difference between these 2 implants is very little and i would suggest the surgery is not that exact a science. this is not to say that there is no difference but i personally feel that it is more "art" than "science". Furthermore, you have a lot of your own breast tissue, and you would probably be better served with a slightly broader base. however, i would be surprised in your case, if one could tell the difference, if they equal volumes between these two choices.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

High profile or moderate plus breast implant which is better

+1
Based on your photograph and your desired look, moderate profile plus breast implants are more likely to give you the cleavage and lateral fall of the breast that you want.

500 cc breast implants are very large and you already have significant breast tissue.

Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon for a careful examination and a breast implant sizing evaluation based on your chest and breast measurements.  For more information on how to size breast implants please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Hp vs moderate plus?

+1
In my over the internet opinion you need a FULL lifting first than 3 months healing followed by larger mod profile+ implant in 450 cc++ range... 

Breast augmentation

+1
It is important to sit down with the surgeon you choose and clearly explain what you want and then get examined to see if that makes sense for you.

In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.
Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Desires are individual

+1
Thanks for your question and pictures. I don't think any of the people shown have your same size and shape so it is difficult to predict. Personally, I don't have many patients that want roundness and lateral fullness because they are afraid it will look unnatural. Your plastic surgeon should be able to give you the pros and cons of the implants especially as they relate to your current size and expectations. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD