High Profile Saline Breasts Implants - Will I Get a Nice Full Cleavage?

I'm getting a tummy tuck with lipo of back, flanks, & inner thighs and breast implants. I was very confused on which ones to get but my PS told me that he wants me to have High Profile Saline implants (under) but I forgot to ask him will it give a nice FULL cleavage even without a bra. His patient coordinator has saline and she ADORES them! Also...by judging from my pics....do you think I'm a good candidate for HP saline implants??? I'm 5'4" 129-130lb.

Achieving full cleavage for you...

+2

Based on your photos and given you are seeking a full cleavage look, I would suggest you consider the Allergan high profile or ultra high profile silicone gel implants.   Although saline will get you that full look and saline implants are good options, saline will have the downside of the "salt-water bag" feel and possibility of rippling.  So I would suggest you consider the silicone gel implants.   

In addition, if you are looking to maximize your cleavage, you may need to consider a limited scar breast lift (periareolar where scar is hidden around your areola border).   Although the breast implant alone will help "lift" your breast a bit (especially if a true dual plane technique is used), if you have excess skin, then a breast lift will also help to maximize your cleavage as well.  To determine whether you would benefit from or even need a lift, I would need to assess your chest wall dimensions (ie physical examination).  I hope this helps to review some of your possible options.  Best of luck. 

C. Bob Basu, MD, MPH, FACS

You need a lift too

+2

From your photos, your breasts are ptotic and won't look good with just HP implants alone.  The implants in your starting point will not lift the breast and will leave it drooping off the bottom of the implant looking matronly, not youthful and toned and uplifted. 

The cleavage comes from the implant and as long as the implants are wide enough (more important even than the profile) to get near the midline, you will get cleavage.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

+1

Cleavage is confusing... There are a few different concepts that get lumped into the category of cleavage that are influenced by different factors. Getting the result you want depends on you and your plastic surgeon being on the same page with your goals.

• Cleavage refers to the space between your breasts. Breasts that are closer together mean more cleavage.
  • Fullness in the upper portion of the breasts is often confused with cleavage, but is a separate factor.
  • Projection is how far breasts stick out from your chest.

It is important to have clear communication with your plastic surgeon so that they can discuss if your goals are possible and what procedure and implant choices will benefit you most. You can read more about this on the blog referenced below.

Michael Vennemeyer, MD

Michael Vennemeyer, MD
Southlake Plastic Surgeon

High Profile Saline Implants

+1

High profile saline implants should be used in very select patients with narrow base diameters that really want significant projection. I, personally, do not use them because they have a higher chance of having parenchymal atrophy long term and there are no adequate long term clinical studies or trials on the effect of breast tissue. I would not recommend using them in most patients.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Are high profile implants good for cleavage

+1

Based on your pictures I am not sure you will acoomplish your goals with simple augmentation alone. It appears your breasts are deflated and a bit ptotic (droopy). I would imagine you would need a breast lift as well. I am not a big fan of high profile implants for augmentation. I think they offer too much projection and can look natural. Achieving cleavage with breast implants require a more artificial look, placing the implant on top of the muscle. I never like to change the patients natural cleavage. If you desire "cleavage" I would go with a push up bra not an augmentation.

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD

HIgh Profile Implants

+1

It is important to match the implant type to your breast.  The width of your breast needs to be measured and then a  decision needs to be made on whether you want to go wider (more cleavage) or stay the same, and of course your size desire...then the appropriate profile of implant can be selected. 

In your case, you will require some volume to fill out your breast, and a wider implant may work well for you to get cleavage.  High profle implants are always a narrower implant for a given size so I'm not sure they would be the best choice until your exact size desire is decided upon.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

High profile saline implants

+1

cleavage is a function of how closely the implants are placed together. Generally if a patient wants cleavage, I prefer gel implants because they do well placed above the muscle ( sub glandular). Saline implants are generally placed below the muscle. After viewing you photos, I would advice a breast lift at the same time. If you surgeon has not talked to you about that, you should get a second opinion.

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Implants and a lift

+1

Without an exam it is hard tosay what would be the best size implant for you, but you most likely would need a lift as well.