How Would You Fix Bumps, Scars from Facelift?

This is my LSL results.. How would you fix this? The bumps are larger than this picture shows & I feel stitches under each bump. I also have severe pain, especially with weather changes; pulling/tearing sensation of the earlobes, down the neck, behind the ear. In the front my ear(s) were pulled down& my lobe was sewed to my face. My scars are nowhere close to my ear, never tried to be hidden & look like a 5 yr old made them.Please explain how we know if an ENT has had any facial plastic surgery training& experience

These scars can be improved

+4

One of the unfortunate outcomes of certain "minimally invasive" lifts such as the one you had is that too much of the tension is placed on the skin, and not on the underlying tissues that also contribute to the aging process. Because of this, the tension causes the scars to widen and in general for patients to have a poor long term outcome, and as in your case, a very bad experience.

That being said, what you have described can be improved. I would wait a minimum of 9-12 months before attempting a revision of your procedure, and I would strongly recommend a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to perform your procedure. Go to his or her website, and not only look at their credentials and before and after photos, but ask to speak with former patients as well. Most of us are very open with prospective patients, and will sit down and carefully review the surgical plan, risks, etc with you in detail.

Good luck,

Dr. Salemy

You have hypertrophic scar

+4

The concern with Lifestyle lift is, since there is minimal undermining to decrease the swelling and brusing, the main lift is with skin and this can cause tension on the scar and thick scar. The advertisment show pre-op sad patient with no make-up and then happy patient with make-up after surgry which is very misleading . smiling by itself gives you a lift. Patients need to do their homework and find out about their surgeon before surgery and not after surgery.

Patients can find out if their surgeon is board certified plastic surgeon and also research about their surgeon by asking their friends, previous patients and checking before and after pictures. I also need to add that beine board certified by itself does not mean that your surgeon is a great surgeon,but it means that he or she has to follow certain ethical guidelines for marketing.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Your surgeon is the best reference for that question

+3

You must realize that this does not represent a formal consultation or recommendation as it is based only your limited comments.

Having made that disclaimer, do you or have you smoked?

Your scars may have been aggravated by this condition which compromises the blood supply to the skin.

Generally, the answer to your question is not simple. I would guess that repeating your face lift with minimal tension on the skin after cessation of smoking for at least 4 weeks is probably the best method to revise your scars. However, this has no guarantees. Clearly, this is not what you may want to hear. And secondly, this may not be possible.

Your best bet is to go back to the surgeon, whom you initially trusted and evaluated to perform the procedure and to ask them how they would manage the problem. Although this may not be your case, It appears that the vast majority of patients who undergo the LSL are attracted by the cost and minimally invasive aspects as well as the numerous patient testimonials that the advertisements promote. What attracted you to this surgeon. I assume there was a compelling reason. I would address this with your surgeon. No one knows except him/her what was done and what can be undone or corrected. If a minimal lifestyle lift was performed, perhaps a more extensive procedure could correct your problem.

Evaluating a surgeon's experience and training is easier now than ever before in the past. There are numerous websites and credentialing agencies whose records can be accessed online.

Fixing Facelift Scars

+1

It's important for you to see your plastic surgeon to make sure that you are still healing correctly. There are multiple causes for what you're describing, including infection, neuroma, or scar tissue irritation. 

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Can these scars from lifestyle lift be improved

+1

The answer is yes >i specialize in revisional surgery and did a Primetime show on fixing bad facelifts. You will need more surgery to fix this select your surgeon wisely. Many surgeons can perform a facelift but it is entirely different to fix a bad one.. See my video

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Lifestyle lift scars

+1

From you picture it looks like the incision site was placed too low around the ear lobe and the skin was closed under too much tension. The unfortunate result of closing the skin under too much tension is that the scar can thicken, widen, and migrate.

It is possible to revise these scars although I would wait at least 9-12 months before doing so. In order to revised the scars you would essentially need a revsion facelift that would allow the tissue to be mobilized enough to successfully excise the existing scars and close the skin under no tension.

I would visit with an experienced and qualified plastic or facial plastic surgeon who can give yu an honest assessment and options.

Todd C. Miller, MD