How Can I Treat Hyperpigmentation After Having a Fraxel Repair Treatment?

What is the best way to treat hyperpigmentation after having a fraxel repair treatment? Hydroquinone creams don't seem to work ! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Fading creams with hydroquinone and trentinoin are effective on dark spots after Fraxel treatment

+1

Fading creams with hydroquinone can improve the dark spots following any fraxel treatment. Fading creams incorporating hydroquinone and tretinoin would be even more effective.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

I put all my patients on the Obagi regimen and Retin A prior to the treatment and after.

+1

Much of your success after a treatment with Fraxel depends on how you prepare for it. While not everyone has the luxury to go onto Obagi and Retin A before the Fraxel is done, the results are much better if you can.

Hydroquinone in this system (the Obagi) is much more intuitive and can be much better tolerated and this is the reason that it works better. While other hydroquinones are much less expensive, they just don't seem to work as well and the results suffer because of this.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologist