What can I do to fade my permanent makeup eyebrow tattoo?

• mersia saparilla
  • 6 years ago

i had a tattoo 4 years ago and it was perfect, it just needed to be redone. i went somewere to have it reedone but she made it very thick and now i hate it. it's been one week but i want some lines to fade away. i don't have any idea what to do - is it possible with salt water or fade creams...? help!

View 2 doctor answers to Permanent Makeup Eyebrows

Comments (354)

Sort by

Most removal methods can scar the facial skin. I would lighten and lift the color just on the line with a lifting product and a light brow color. It usually takes two visits and you should do it now!
  • Reply
Please explain what a lifting product is? I've never heard of it. Will it remove the blue/gray color that my eyebrows have faded to?
  • Reply
Had eyebrows tattooed dark brown, eek!… too dark for my light brown hair. Just put on powdered hair bleach (for blonding) and 20 developer. Eyebrowns now match my hair and no more Elvira.
  • Reply
Did you mix the powder and developer, spread it over the whole brow and it lighten the tattoo part? What about your natural brow hair, how was It affected? I got mine done 2 weeks ago and they are to dark and much larger then my normal line. I do need to fade them a little. Thank you.
  • Reply
Hi, I'm absolutely going through the Elvira brows as we speak. It's been 13 days since the brow job and I'm not liking the 'Elvira' drama! I too will do what you have done. However I'm a woman of color so I hope it'll work for me also. Thanks
  • Reply
did the bleach work right away
  • Reply
It did not work for me, I have tried a couple of times, it does bleach your hair and since that looks stupid blonde brows with a dark tattoo under it, I shaved my eyebrows off. Yes they did grow back in. It has been 3 months now and mine are still the Elvira look or as I call them "Manbrows".
  • Reply
When your hair grew back did it grow back the normal color or did it stay white permanently?
  • Reply
I called a well-known tattoo removal clinic in the San Antonio, TX area and inquired as to what their success rate is in removing eyebrow tattoos. They have been in business 8 years and they told me that they no longer do any eyebrow permanent makeup removal. They tried it when they first started out in business, but there were too many problems and so they don't do them anymore. I research eyebrow removal methods from time to time, hoping to find a break-through, but too date I think that if one were to try any current removal method, whether it is laser or saline, or whatever, would be like playing Russian Roulette with your eyebrows: you might scar and the eyebrow hairs might be removed. Sadly, I guess I'll just have to continue with my regiment to cover them. If they had been done better in the first place, I would have them redone. But I don't want to put another layer of ink over an outline that I have to fix everyday.
  • Reply
If a lightening agent is put in the line with a pigment lightener, the line will fade out and be a soft color instead of a hard line. Much better effect for natural brows.
  • Reply
I don't understand what a lightening agent is or a pigment lightener. My eyebrows have turned an ugly blue color. There is a local tattoo artist who has studied the Tattoo Vanish method, but I am worried this will leave scarring.
  • Reply
It is possible to neutralize the blue tones and improve the color or shape without scarring. I am trained through Society of Permanent Cosmetics Professionals. Visit www.spcp.org and find an experienced practitioner in your area.
  • Reply
Thanks to everyone who responded to my inquiry. I found a wonderful solution to my brows (which were too dark at first, but once they healed, turned the typical grayish color as did my eyeliner, which is somewhat common.) Both problems were solved in the following manner--for my eyeliner, I simply re-line my eyes with a black liquid eye liner. Once it dries, it stays in place nicely. Secondly, to thicken and enhance my tattooed brows, I use Colorstay eyeliner in brown, making light, short strokes until I build the brow sufficiently. Yes, it seems defeating the purpose of having perm. cosmetics, but color has a tendency to fade--whether it be paint on your car, clothing fabric, haircolor. etc. The beauty of having a tattooed outline to folllow is priceless and it only takes a few seconds per eye to make the adjustments. Overall, I am happy with mine--and can alter my look from day to evening, light to dark with more precise and natural looking results than with cosmetics alone. One caution: Do not "pick" on your tattooed areas as they heal--doing so can leave scarring and inconsistent coloring, especially for those of us fair-skinned ladies. Also, a light base of concealer and oil free foundation, then shadow, then lining is the method that works well for me. Best wishes for a good experience. :)
  • Reply
My tatooed eyebrows over 10 yrs ago to somewhat match my auburn hair have turned turned a purplish red. In addition I have plucked out the few hairs that I had. I have ocd hand continue to obsessively pluck. I often open the skin. This is what I do. At night I place a strip of paper tape across any damaged areas. When creating the brow in the morning: apply concealer with a small brush, apply matching powder with a small brush, apply eye shadow a shade lighter than hair, use a tapered brush to easily follow the brow line, roll a q-tip lightly over the brow to pick up any loose color. It works and can be done quickly once done a few times
  • Reply
When you apply the concealer and powder, are there brow hairs that get in the way, or are they gone because of the plucking?
  • Reply
When cosmetic tattoo is not touched up regularly (and it should be to keep it looking fresh), the tattoo pigment fades and often leaves the 'base' colour of the pigment used. In your case it has faded to red. This can easily be corrected by tattooing with the opposite colour on the colour wheel, ie it will change it back to the original colour. You may need a bit of a re-touch with the original colour after you have the correction done but believe me, it will be 100% better than the process you are going through right now.
  • Reply
I have terrible permanent brows tattoo. I need to be remove. , but dont want to done in laser. What can I do to get it out.. horrible ever in my life
  • Reply
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service. We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
  • Reply
Bindingbeauty. Thank you so much for help me out.....I buy it from the clinic.. and perform the procedures myself? . Or should I have they do it for me.... Or should I let
  • Reply
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

• Reply
Ok.. Thank you
  • Reply
what is happen for your brow . is ink removed or not and what a bout hair?
  • Reply
To date, I have not attempted to have the ink removed. I continue to apply Shiseido natural eyebrow pencil. I apply foundation on the part that is too high. I follow up with Anastasia clear brow gel. I end up with a darker eyebrow than I would prefer, because of the gray tattoo, but these two products stay on the best throughout the day. I don't feel any type of removal is safe without a high risk of scarring, or loosing the eyebrow hair.
  • Reply
Has anyone ever been left with scars from this procedure? Particularly fair-skinned, fair-haired people? Also, where are you located?
  • Reply
Have you ever had women develop scars from Eliminik?
  • Reply