How Tight Should I Wrap my Legs After Smart Lipo?

I recently had Smart Lipo on my inner/outer thighs and knee area about 4 days ago, and I am still very swollen. I'm going to get my compression garment in a few days, so my doctor has me wearing ACE bandages for the mean time. How tight should I be wrapping my legs? Thank you very much!

Normally, compression garments are given out the day of the procedure!

+2

Normally, in our office, compression garments are given out the day of the procedure. These garments are what makes the area form into the right shape and ace wraps are not typically sufficient to make the areas conform nicely. Additionally, there are differences in the ways that they compress across the bandage and it is quite unusual to not receive a one piece, spandex like garment.

Additionally, this is something that your surgeon should have answered or his staff prior to your surgery or, at the very least, at the time of the surgery.

Omaha Dermatologist

Garments on Right After SmartLipo

+1

Garments are normally put on right after the procedure. We ask that you wear them for at least one week other than showering. This will help reduce the swelling and make you feel more comfortable.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Comfortably snug, no tighter

+1

I personally believe that there is no advantage in wrapping your body any more than just comfortably snug. i think wrapping is slightly over-rated in its importance for the final result. it does help to control swelling but remember the swelling will go away.

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon