How Soon Can I Go Back to Work After Porcelain Veneers?

Can i go back to work right after my veneers are set. I don't have much vacation time and can't be sick for more than a day or 2.

Back to Work

+1

You could go back to the work the next day. You may not want to go back the same day as most dentist give anesthetic on the delivery appointment and your lips may be numb.

Miami Cosmetic Dentist

You will want to run back to work with your new porcelain veneers and smile!

+1

In most cases, the finishing and insertion of your porcelain veneers by the dentist, does not necessitate taking time off, as is possible in a dental implant surgery or gum surgery. The only work recommendation I have after your veneers are completed is to wear sunglasses...Okay just kidding. I would expect you to be pretty excited about your new smile and anxious to flash it off to a jealous coworker!

One proviso: I would be a little cautious about your diet and gradually choose foods that are harder to chew as there may be an adjustment phase with your new veneers- so lay off the BBQ ribs at the office party.

Gerry Curatola, DDS
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Same day often

+1

Unless you are sedated for the appointment, you could go right to work after your appointment.  Granted you'll be a little tired - it takes a few hours and it's tiring to sit still that long (think of a car or plane trip).  Best of luck!

John Whittemore, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

You'll be fine after veneers

+1

You can go back to work immediately the one problem is anesthetic – which effects eating and speaking usually this wears off with in 1-2 hours.

Benjamin S. Fiss, DDS
Chicago Cosmetic Dentist

You can get back to work immediately after Porcelain veneers

+1

You can get back to work as soon as you are done with your dentist. The dentist needs to numb you because the adjustment may hurt your gum. It takes 2 or 3 hours to wear off the numbness. It is better to reschedule your meeting to the day after, so your colleagues are going to see your great smile without any numbness.

Bruce Vafa, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist

Going back to work after porcelain veneers

+1

Veneers will be permanently bonded at your visit so you do not have to wait to go back to work. You will be a little numb so you may not be able to show off your beautiful new smile in all its glory!

Cate Vieregger, DDS
Denver Cosmetic Dentist

You might prefer to go home and relax after porcelain veneers

+1

Yes, you can go back to work but depending on how many veneers are placed you may not want to. I recommend that patients doing many veneers do it at the end of the day so they can go home and relax if they have a problem taking time off from work. 

Joseph W. Worthington, DDS
Fairfield Cosmetic Dentist

As soon as you desire

+1

While more teeth are involved, the post operative experience is similar to having a filling.  You are numb, but that is about it. 

Unless you were sedated for the procedure, you could leave the dental office and go directly to work if you desired.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Yes- You may be numb but you can go back to work

+1

Good question! Yes- you more than likely can go back to work. A typical veneer case of 8 units takes around 3 hours to do. You'll be numb on those teeth going back to work though so your speech may be slightly abnormal for a short time period. I typically have people go back to work. Make sure you have a full breakfast and are hydrated fully before undergoing this procedure. Also- ask your dentist if it's okay for you to take ibuprofen immediately after the procedure. This will help with any inflammation (after the procedure).

Peter Boulden, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist