How Soon After Smart Lipo Can I Start Working Out?

I had Smart lipo 17 days ago. When can I return to working out?

You may start working out about 2 weeks after your smart lipo procedure...

After having the smart lipo procedure you may start working out in about two weeks.  If you start working out to soon, then the swelling may worsen.  After two weeks, you should start out with a light workout, nothing too strenuous, and gradually build up to your regular workout routine.

Edison Plastic Surgeon

150 East 61st Street
New York, NY 10065

Smart Lipo and Gym Time

Thank you for your question.  Believe it or not, this is something that I hear commonly asked by my patients.  They are eager to get back to the gym and see how awesome their muscle tone looks after that fatty layer has been removed.  I generally recommend to my patients that they can do more sedate activities, such as walking, starting the day after their procedure.  In fact, I make walking the day after a requirement.  However, when going back to a heavier workout with more intense cardio and weightlifting, I recommend waiting approximately 2 weeks after your procedure.  If you're 17 days out, you should be safe to resume your regular workouts, but it's always important to check with your doctor first, as every doctor has different guidelines. 

Mytien Goldberg, MD, FACS

436 N Bedord Drive
Beverly Hills , CA 90210

Working out after Smartlipo

There is no rule about when you can start working out.  It really depends on how you feel and how large of an area you had treated.  There are no sutures that might break and no incisions that might have problems, so you can start working out as soon as the next day if you feel okay.  In reality, most patients go back to work the next day or two after the procedure and start working out after a few days.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

10 East 53rd Street
New York, NY 10022

Exercise after SmartLipo

Every physician has their own recommendations for resuming exercise after laser liposuction.  I encourage my patients to be active as soon as possible but to start with light exercise and build up as tolerated.  Most patients go for a walk the next day and gradually resume their exercise routine within the first week. 

Lawrence A. Osman, MD

23659 Calabasas Rd.
Calabasas, CA 91302

One Week Post SmartLipo

We ask our patients to take it easy for the first 7 days, after that you can resume your daily activities. Just don’t over do it, listen to your body!

Bruce E. Katz, MD

60 East 56th Street
New York, NY 10022

You should be able to now

Unless you had a very challenging recovery, you ought to be able to work out now. Depending on the other method used with the SmartLipo, recovery can vary. But if you had the tumescent method, you ought to be ready to go now.

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

2802 Oak View Drive
Omaha, NE 68144