How Much is Vision Affected After Having Rhinoplasty and Upper/lower Bleph?

I wear glasses and my plastic surgeon says not to wear them for 2 weeks after surgery. He said it's ok while the splint is on, but i will have stitches behind ears from lower face lift. I assume the ear pieces won't touch? He says after splint comes off, glasses can't rest on my nose.

There are other solutions.

+2

Faith,

The easiest way to avoid the glasses resting on the nose after rhinoplasty is to use a piece of tape to secure your glasses to your forehead to prevent them from resting on your nose. While you may not want to walk around town with tape on your glasses, you can still use this technique while at home or at your desk so you can still read and do other tasks for which you require your glasses.

I hope this is helpful.

David Shafer, MD
New York City

Rhinoplasty and Taping Glasses

+1

There are multiple options for patients who wear glasses and have rhinoplasty:

• Tape Nose to Forehead (See Video)
  • Surgeon can contour splint and patient can place glasses on top
  • Contact lenses 

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vision Corrction after Rhinoplasty

+1

Eye glasses can rest on the solid splint after rhinoplasty. Once the splint is removed, use the smallest glasses you have and tape them to the forehead for another 3 weeks. The earpieces of your glasses will not harm your ears. I allow patients to use glasses the day after a facelift.

Glasses after rhinoplasty

+1

The best thing to do is tape your glasses to your forehead without resting them on the nose. I usually  have patients do that for 3 weeks.  If you are having your eyes done, contacts can go back in usually within 2 weeks.