How Much Saline Do You Put into the Botox Bottle

so that if you use a insulin syringe, the recnstiuted Botox is correctly reflected by one unit on the insulin syringe.

Botox is universally mixed with 2.5 cc saline per 100 unit bottle

+2

Botox is mixed with 2.5 cc saline per 100 unit bottle usually now but some docs will use 1 cc and some use 3 -4 cc. Whatever the concentration that they mix up, they know the units they are injecting to each area so trust them. Botox can be even further diluted when you are getting it for sweating palms, feet and under arms. Don't try to inject Botox if you are not a doc or RN. There are definite techniques we use for different effects and areas.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

How is Botox diluted

+1

Whether the physician dilutes the Botox powder with a diluent of 1, 2, 2.5 or 4 ccs of saline, the important variable which determines your result, is the total number of units given. If doctor B uses a 2cc dilution they will have to give twice the volume of diluted Botox to create the same effect as doctor A who uses a 1 cc dilution. Both doctors will have administered the same number of units! If the dilution is excessive, then the larger volume might make the Botox travel via gravity or spread of fluid to surrounding areas and there might be an affect on muscles that were not targeted.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Proper preparation of Botox for injection

+1

Allergan recommends mixing 2.5 cc of saline per 100 units of Botox.

There is a wide range of what doctors use--anywhere from 1 to 4 cc per 100 units. I think what is more important in achieving the results you desire is

1. Skill of injector--who is injecting you?
  2. Make sure using real Botox
  3. Make sure it isn't watered down
  4. Make sure fresh Botox

Good luck!

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox bottle and saline

+1

Every doctor varies his dilution of botox so that it works for them. I prefer to keep it fairly concentrated.  This usually means 2 cc's of saline so that I get about 50 units per 1 cc syrringe.  Others double that number.

Your physician will know how to administer Botox properly

+1

It is really up to your treating physician to decide how they want to prepare the Botox solution. We all use different dilution techniques. The number of units you are getting is the variable that is important, as well as the injection technique.

If you are an individual trying to prepare your own Botox solution, perhaps you should remember: "Don't try this at home" - you need more than a website tutorial to treat a patient with Botox. This is not something you want to experiment with. It's your face.

Stella Desyatnikova, MD

The amount of botox units is more important than the amount of saline used

+1

Typically, botox is diluted from 1 to 4cc of saline depending upon the injector and his or her experience. In my opinion, the most important consideration is how many units are you receiving for a particular area. Inadequate units are the most common reason for a less than desired effect while too many units or injection in the wrong place can cause side effects like eyelid or eyebrow drooping.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Saline Dilution of Botox

+1

I use 2.5cc of saline for a vial of Botox.  However, this is an individual physician's choice and should matter little, if any.  Most plastic surgeons charge by the unit rather than by the volume used.

John Whitt, MD

The doctor will know

+1

Doctors use several different dilutions: anywhere from 1cc up to 2.5cc for the face, and often 4-5cc for hyperhidrosis are the usual dilutions. Dilution is for the convenience of the doctor, as is the syringe chosen. It is the units injected that make the difference.

I would assume that you choose an expert injector. You then defer to their experience and technique. I cannot imagine why you would want to know such detailed information, but my gut says you somehow got some Botox online and you want to self-administer. Lot of that going on, to disasterous results. I'd rethink that decision.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Preparing Botox for injection.

+1

I would refer to the package insert when it comes to preparing and injecting Botox for administration.

There are many marks on the insulin syringe and if you are referring to the o.1ml mark than diluting it with 1cc of saline.

I hope that you are a medical professional asking this question with the proper credentialing to prepare this.