How Much Does a Thigh Reduction Procedure Cost?

I just had Tummy Tuck 7 weeks ago and would like to have thigh reduction. How much does a thigh reduction cost and what all does it involve? Thanks.

$5,000-$12,000

+3

Thigh reduction surgery may vary greatly in extent from a small amount of skin removal from the inner thighs, to removal of skin from the entire circumference of the thighs, to removal of skin from the circumference and including a vertical incision down the inner thigh to the knee. The most extensive thigh lift surgery I perform is designed for after tummy tuck in a patient who has lost massive amounts of weight and has loose skin over the medial (inner), anterior (front), lateral (side), and posterior (back) thighs as well as the buttocks and extending down to the knees. This surgery takes me approximately 5 hours to perform. Patients that need this surgery, appreciate the fact that it addresses several different areas in one procedure -- and one down time. My minimum fee is $5,000 for a modest medial thigh lift and $10,000-$12,000 for the most extensive procedure I described above.

Thigh reduction procedures vary in their extent, and this will determine the cost

+3

Surgical costs are determined by the complexity of the procedure, length of the operation, type of anesthesia, and postoperative care as an inpatient or outpatient setting.

Shorter, focused procedures may be less expensive because they involve less time for surgery and anesthesia and allow for an outpatient procedure. Operations that contour more than one surface of the thigh (such as a lower body lift) require longer operative times and anesthesia as well as overnight stays in a hospital.

Your question is pertinent, but cannot be answered without an examination and consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with the expertise in excisional (skin removal) techniques, as well as liposuction techniques. This should be your first step in determining whether you are a candidate for thigh reduction.

Ann Arbor Plastic Surgeon

Thigh lift costs

+3

Costs vary based on the extent of the procedure:

1. Isolated outer thigh lift,
  2. isolated inner thigh lift:
    1. crescent excision
    2. linear/axial excision
  3. Circumferential inner and outer thigh
  4. Combined lower body lift: inner/outer thighs and buttock
  5. Belt lipectomy with inner thigh lift

Other factors that determine cost are:

1. Surgical facility fees: office, surgicenter, hospital
  2. Anesthesia fees
  3. Aftercare facility fees
  4. Garment costs
  5. Pain pumps cost
  6. Medication

Based on these factors, costs can vary from 6,000 up to 20,000.

Atlanta - Thigh reduction

+2

At our facility the range for a thigh lift would be $4,500.00- 6,500.00. This range is including the Doctors fee, the State licensed facility fee, and the M.D. anesthesiologists fee . We would need to see the client first to do a full examination. Consultations are free.

Thigh Reduction cost may vary

+2

A thigh reduction procedure can vary in cost, depending upon the complexity of the procedure and exactly what is involved. A thigh reduction can be as simple as removing a small amount of excess skin from the inner thighs, to removing excess skin from around the entire circumference of the thigh and more.

If the patient requires Liposuction to the Thighs to reduce size or change the shape, the cost can range from between $5,000-$15,000, depending upon how many areas will be treated. If your problem is excess, sagging skin, this would be better treated with a Thigh Lift, which ranges between $6,000-$7,000. The best course of action is to have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, and discuss all possible options based on the results of your physical exam.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.