How Much Does Spider Vein Treatment Cost?

my friend paid $200 an hour for scelerotherapy. she spent $450 for her 1 leg. what is the average cost to get leg spider veins done on 1 leg

$300 Both Legs and Thighs, Burbank, CA

We charge $300 for both legs/ankles and thighs.  This will adress all the veins in those areas.  However, you may need more than one session to get the best results.  Some people get away with one session, but most people need 2-3.

Burbank Dermatologist

Cost of Sclerotherapy

In my office, I charge $350 for a 30 minute session to treat as many veins as possible.

I believe that sclerotherapy is still the gold standard for treatment of leg veins.

We do have lasers in our office to treat smaller facial veins.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask physician about sclerotherapy and laser vein therapy costs

Don't focus on cost, focus on experience in treating these problems. It is costly for a physician or health care provider to spend an hour to do sclerotherapy or to laser your veins. The best and most advanced laser machines cost in excess of 100,000 dollars and the laser handpieces have limited # of shots and that is why they are expensive to use.

Scleroterapy is time expensive as physician time is valuable, and sclerotherapy, in my opinion, is done not to generate profit but to complete the cosmetic end of complete vein care. Once the medical causes are treated with microphlebectomy or endovenous procedures (VNUS, EVLT), then the physician should address the spider and reticular veins, and in some cases, varicose veins with sclerotherapy. This will provide the cosmetic end result which patients are seeking.

In summary, find someone who provides you with excellent outcomes and be prepared to pay for their time and expertise. Ask questions about side effects, allergic reactions, hyperpigmentation and recurrence rates. Ask about the different sclerotherapy solutions, use of stockings after and how they minimize recurrence and hyperpigmentation, how the phsician addresses post sclerotherapy hyperpigmentation, and if hey have the experience to treat potential complications such as skin necrosis. These are more important than saving $50 or $100 or$ 200 dollars. You get what you pay for.

Cost

$300 / session for the first two sessions then $150 for each additional session beyond two.

Cost of Sclerotherapy

Our office charges $350 for a session, which typically lasts 20 minutes.  There is a limit to the amount of solution that can safely be injected per session.  It is most important to insure that you have qualified and trained physician who is practicing in his or her trained specialty. 

Tricia Brown, MD
Houston Dermatologist

Costs can vary

Costs tend to vary widely depending not only on where you are but who the patient is.  We charge $250 per leg and use hypertonic saline.  Pricing can vary based on time taken as well as number of veins treated.  Finally, what is injected can also change the pricing because some agents are more expensive than others.  Laser tends to be the most expensive because although nothing is injected, the laser is quite expensive to buy and maintain.  Hope this helps!

Victoria W. Serralta, MD
Arlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Costs are all over the place

Our charge is $100 for 3/4 hour, although for 2-3  spider veins our charge is $35. This is with injections. It is a bit more $125 for laser sclero.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Sclerotherapy costs

I always assess each patient ,to determine the number of sessions that they will need. Some patients don't have many veins and i am able to do both legs in one visit. If this is the case, then they will need 3-4 sesions, 3-4 weeks apart. Each session is $225.00.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Sclerotherapy, vein treatment, cost

The pricing of sclerotherapy varies widely from location to location and from doctor to doctor.  There are many components that factor into the price including experience of the doctor, speciality of the doctor, length of the session, whether one or two legs, type of solution used,amount of solution used, etc.  I charge $350 per session and I do as many as I can.  My limiting factor is the amount of solution that I use.  Usually, unless there are innumerable veins, i can do both legs in one session which takes about 1/2 hour.    I schedule sclerotherapy sessions 6 weeks apart and most people require around 3 sessions.  If I use less solution with each successive session then the cost also decreases.

John Landi, MD
Naples General Surgeon

Sclero pricing

I charge 500.00 per session for sclerotherapy.  It can take from one - three sessions to inject all of the spiders depending on the extent.  After the injections are complete, I normally laser any blushes that remain.

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon