How Much Does an SMAS Facelift Cost?

SMAS facelift cost

+4

I completely agree with Drs. Placik and Rand. Your question implies an ability to purchase the same SMAS Facelift product from multiple vendors at great savings.

That is NOT the case.

Facelifts can be divided into
- Skin only lifts,
- SMAS Face lifts and
- Deep lifts.
Each one of these groups is made up of MANY different procedures - each aimed at a particular patient. There is NO WAY that a patient who REQUIRES a SMAS or a Deeper Facelift for a good cosmetic result would be significantly benefited by a skin only Facelift (usually advertised with catchy names like LunchTime, Feather, Daytime etc).

The procedure best suited for you would best be determined by a board certified Plastic surgeon (www.PlasticSurgery.org). I would encourage you to see several and judge for yourself which one you feel most comfortable with. THAT would be the best way to save yourself money and regret in the future.

Price of SMAS Facelift

+3

I prefer the term 'facial rejuvenation' over the more antiquated term 'facelift', as many patients that I see who seek a more youthful and refreshed facial appearance undergo a set of surgical procedures very different from what would have been considered a 'facelift' twenty-five years ago.

The word 'rejuvenation' means, literally, 'to make young again'. In each individual, different facial changes occur with age. One person may be unhappy with 'baggy eyelids', while another has 'droopy eyebrows'. One person may be troubled by 'jowls' in the lower face, while another would like an improvement in their 'floppy neck'.

Surgical treatment of facial aging changes must therefore be carefully individualized to match each patient's aesthetic needs and desires. No two 'facelifts', by necessity, are the same. In helping a patient to make decisions about plastic surgery for facial rejuvenation, I always examine and assess how each aesthetic area or 'unit' of the face contributes to an individual's overall appearance: the brows and eyelids, the cheeks or 'midface', the lower face and chin, and the neck. An individualized surgical plan is then developed which addresses each patient's specific concerns and needs.

Therefore, the price of a facelift will depend on exactly what each person needs and the time required to perform surgery. To select a plastic surgeon, take your time researching , visiting websites, view many, many before and after photos and speak to former patients.

Beware of doctors who discount their fees. Discounting the value of professional services, especially surgery, is not good marketing - it is a sign of desperation. The best plastic surgeons are still busy in this contracting economy, and they are not discounting their fees. At the same time, the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the most talented, so as a consumer you still have to research this carefully. There is much more to consider than just the price in dollars that you pay: is your surgeon actually listening to you, do they truly understand the appearance that you hope to achieve, do you feel that he or she will be easily available and attentive once the surgery has been performed. If you don't have a good feeling, don't stick around to 'save money', go somewhere else.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Facelift costs

+2

A facelift can vary from just a necklift to a full facelift with a necklift. The cost is around $6-8000 depending on what you want done. The recovery takes about 2 weeks, but the results can last 10-15 years! Check out some before and after pictures to get an idea of what you want. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

SMAS Facelift Cost

+1

The cost for any type of facelift varies from doctor to doctor and geographic location to geographic location.  Additionally, there are many different types of facelift procedures currently utilized.  In general, one would expect that a less invasive procedure requiring less time in the operating room would cost less than a more invasive procedure a longer time in the operating room.

In the performance of a SMAS facelift, a layer of tissue underneath the skin is also tightened up.  This layer is a very thin but strong layer of tissue.  It is called the pseudomuscular aponeurotic system.  This long term has been shortened to be called the SMAS layer.  Many surgeons believe that tightening this layer improves the effects of the facelift and provides a longer lasting result.  One would expect that this operation would cost somewhat more than a less invasive, shorter procedure.

Recent statistics published by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery indicate that the average physician fee for all types of facelifts combined is $6,607.  This figure does not include the fee that may be charged by the facility in which you have your procedure nor does it include any associated anesthesia fees. 

Considering that the cost of a facelift varies from geographic location to geographic location and doctor to doctor, you should expect to find different costs for this procedure.  In general, one would expect to see procedures ranging from $6,000 upward to even $20,000.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

SMAS facelift cost

+1

Cost of a facelift will vary depending on the city and surgeon.  The cost of a SMAS facelift in our office is roughly $12,000, which includes the operating room, anesthesia, and surgeon’s fee for performing the procedure in our surgery center.  Just remember there are a wide variety of techniques available that different surgeons perform and not all results are equal.  It is important to compare overall results of what you are anticipating from your perspective surgeon.  For examples of SMAS facelift, please see our facelift photo gallery on our web site.

SMAS Facelift Cost Varies - Here is why

+1

Typical California SMAS Facelift Prices

Although RealSelf lists the average SMAS facelift price of $9050,  prices vary widely because the procedure itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons   that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic  or have completed a fellowship in Facial Plastic Surgery.  i.e. Find Surgeons you trust, then compare prices between them. Factors that influence the price include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office?

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?

3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board  certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how much will be removed, how many areas, how long, etc

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

SMAS Facelift Cost

+1

A SMAS Facelift fees vary across the country and even in the same city.  We start our SMAS facelift at $5000 + MD Anesthesia related fees.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

The cost of a SMAS facelift

+1

The cost of a facelift is primarily dependent on the experience of the surgeon who performs the procedure. It is also dependent on where the procedure is performed. If the procedure is performed in the office setting under local anesthetic it usually ranges between $6000-$10,000. If the procedure is done under general anesthetic at a surgery center you would need to add about $2500-$3000. These are rough estimates.

I would be cautions about bargain shopping for a facelift and would also be cautious about how the procedure is performed. I do office based procedures as well surgery center based procedures. Some patients can tolerate a SMAS facelift under local anesthetic in an office setting very well. Others are not good candidates for local anesthesia and should pay the difference for the surgery center cost.

I would consult with a few different surgeons to get an idea of what would be the most effective strategy for getting you the best results. I would then choose the surgeon that you trust the most and feel the most comfortable with. If that means that the cost would be a bit more then save your money. You won't regret being patient. Many patients regret being impatient.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Cost of SMAS lift

+1

The cost of a SMAS facelift will involve the surgeon's fee, anesthesia, and facility.  This varies greatly from one part of the country to another.  I would get at least two price quotes from surgeons.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

SMAS facelift

+1

The fees for a SMAS facelift will vary around the country. This could be as little as $5000 up to $25000.