How Much Does a Photofacial Cost?

My sister says to me that I should consider a photofacial treatment to get rid of face blemishing. What would I have to spend to get photofacial? How much is each photofacial session?

Quality versus Cost of Treatment

+1

When looking for an experienced physician to do laser treatments on your face the most important thing you should be looking at is how long they have been doing this and the quality of the treatments. All too often patients get fooled into thinking they are getting a " bargain" and end up with scars or burns or ineffective treatments. Almost every time I read a review of a procedure that had "bad" results, it is because someone who is not a physician or without the proper training and experience performed the procedure. The best advice is to find a board certified physician with a lot of experience and you will have the best results.

Quality of Photofacial is MOST Important

+1

The cost of an IPL/Photofacial treatment varies from region to region and furthermore from office to office. However, experience and quality of the treatment should be far more important than the cost. Please make sure that the individual overseeing your treatment has adequate experience in this area. Often times quality is overlooked and that is when problems arise (i.e., burned skin, excessive striping, etc). Your treatment should be comfortable and should make your skin look better than before you arrived; quality of the practitioner is key, price should be secondary. Best of luck!

For more information regarding Photofacials, please visit the link below.

Web reference: http://www.askdaiquiri.com/iplpt/

Cost of photofacial

+1

Costs vary tremendously. However, like all treatments, the most important thing is safety, followed by results, followed by cost. Too many people are looking for cheap treatments and I see the after-effects in my dermatology clinic - burns, discoloration, no results, lawsuits etc. Make sure you have the treatment performed at a medical office where your care is overseen, and if any problems, they can be dealt with properly instead of referred out.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.