How Much Does a Full Face Lift Cost?

I'm about to start scheduling consultations for a full face lift, but I'm curious about the range of prices I should expect to hear from surgeons.

How much does a full facelift cost

+5
Surgical treatment of facial aging changes must therefore be carefully individualized to match each patient's aesthetic needs and desires. No two 'facelifts', by necessity, are the same. In helping a patient to make decisions about plastic surgery for facial rejuvenation, I always examine and assess how each aesthetic area or 'unit' of the face contributes to an individual's overall appearance: the brows and eyelids, the cheeks or 'midface', the lower face and chin, and the neck. An individualized surgical plan is then developed which addresses each patient's specific concerns and needs.
Therefore, the price of a facelift will depend on exactly what each person needs and the time required to perform surgery. To select a plastic surgeon, take your time researching , visiting websites, view many, many before and after photos and speak to former patients.
Beware of doctors who discount their fees. Discounting the value of professional services, especially surgery, is not good marketing - it is a sign of desperation. The best plastic surgeons are still busy in this contracting economy, and they are not discounting their fees. At the same time, the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the most talented, so as a consumer you still have to research this carefully. There is much more to consider than just the price in dollars that you pay: is your surgeon actually listening to you, do they truly understand the appearance that you hope to achieve, do you feel that he or she will be easily available and attentive once the surgery has been performed. If you don't have a good feeling, don't stick around to 'save money', go somewhere else.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Quality for face lift, not savings

+4

I am torn to answer this question. There are surgeons in my neighborhood who charge unbelievably high prices because of the perception that they are better doctors because they charge such heigh prices. But this is not the case - many of these guys are PR machines.

Find a doctor who performs many quality facelifts. Choose two or three doctors and go for consultations. See who understands you and listens to you. Look at there photo books - if they don't show you photos then go find someone who does!

The cost of a facelift will of course depend on the parts done - but the doctors fees can range from $5000 to $15000. More than that and you should look elsewhere unless you feel that paying more always gets you more. In that case, have fun!

Robert M. Freund, MD

Cost and Recovery for Toronto Facelift by #DrMarcDuPere

+2

Thank you for your question about cost for facelift.  

I am a 13-year experienced Toronto plastic surgeon and I trained with Drs Daniel Marchac (facelift) and Gilbert Aiache (nose) in Paris, France and with Dr. Bruce Connell (facelift) in Los Angeles.

They are numerous techniques for #facelift and #necklift depending on your anatomy, your expectations and the surgeon's preferences.  Fo these reasons, costs vary tremendously.  It also varies depending on the experience of your surgeon and the location of the practice. Skin only versus muscle and skin - SMAS facelift - superficial versus deep planes, with or without fat grafting, short scar, MACS and traditional facelift, etc.

When I meet my patients in #Toronto and #Richmond Hill, I go over the pros and cons for those facelift and necklift techniques in details so you have a clear understanding.

Cost for my short-scar skin-only facelift starts at 7500$ whereas cost for the full classic facelift, neck lift and forehead lift, with SMAS and fat grafting, starts at 28000$ + Canadian tax.

Recovery also will be dictated by the type of facelift procedure chosen by your surgeon after your consultation but I tell all my patients to plan between 2 weeks and 4 weeks, on average.Face surgery MUST be performed by an experienced and qualified plastic surgeon, who is familiar with the facial anatomy.

I do discuss the SMAS and facelift technique on my blog: visageclinic.com/blog

I hope this helps and it would be our pleasure to meet you at Visage Clinic in Toronto and Richmond Hill.

Best regards,

Dr. Marc DuPere, Toronto plastic surgeon

Voted TOP plastic surgery Clinic in Toronto for 2013 and 2014

Voted TOP Cosmetic Clinic in Toronto for 2014

visageclinic.com/patient-resources/medi...

Marc DuPéré, MD

Face Lift Costs?

+2

In the Minneapolis Metro area facelifts average between $6000 to $12,000 depending on who you are seeing and what needs to be addressed.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Facelift fees

+2

When considering facial rejuvenation procedures, the doctors credentials and experience should be a paramount concern, followed by your rapport with the surgeon. Select a surgeon that explains answers to your questions thoroughly and with adequate explanations.

Fees should only be compared for like procedures, and between surgeons with the same experience level. Most patients who see me after a facelift who are disappointed shopped for price instead of an experienced surgeon, and they all regret it. 

Patti A. Flint, MD

Full Face Lift Cost

+2

Most surgeons refer to Facelift as a procedure that addresses the neck, jawline, jowls, and to some degree the mid-face. This procedure will typically cost $8,000-$20,000 (including anesthesia and facility fees), depending on who you see and what region of the country you are located in. A browlift is a procedure that addresses forehead lines and raises brows, while a Blepharoplasty will remove excess eyelid skin and/or fat. These procedures have additional charges, but most surgeons offer some degree of multiple procedure discount.

As other surgeons have noted on this topic, price of a procedure is important but definitely should be weighted well below the quality and reputation of the surgeon. A prospective patient is going to spend thousands of dollars, regardless of which surgeon is chosen. Patients want a good result, a good experience, and quality care in this process. If a surgeon or company offers a great bargain on a procedure, you can safely assume that shortcuts will be taken in the procedure, the instruction, and/ or the after care of the patient(s) treatment. Since Facelift requires a lot of preoperative explanation, requires several hours in the operating room, and requires a certain degree of healing and recovery time, choose more with wisdom than thrift.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

How much does a full facelift cost?

+1
Costs for a tummy tuck will certainly vary depending on your location. Things to factor in for the facelift standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, surgeon fee, other fees (e.g., liposuction, surgical garment, etc.) A range in price ~$8000-25000 is not unreasonable. $9-115K would be a reasonable cost on average.  A consultation with a plastic surgeon will help you in determining which procedure(s) would be the right one for you. Cost also depends on the complexity of your case and how much work would need to be done to achieve an aesthetically-pleasing result for you. Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Facelift Toronto

+1
This can vary greatly by geographical location and whether it is done under GA and whether you stay in the surgical facility overnight.  With a general anaesthetic and overnight stay, it can easily cost between 12k-18k in Toronto.  Some practices charge upwards of 25K.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Cost of a full face/ necklift

+1
The cost of a full face and neck lift is determined by 3 components: these are surgeons fee, anesthesia physicians fee, and operating room fee. It  is important to shop quality, not price since this is your face. Look for a board-certified surgeon who performs lots of  Natural appearing facelift procedures, board certifications, ratings reviews, testimonials, and most importantly their before and after photo gallery. For many examples   and our Price list, please see the link below to our facelift Photo Gallery

Ultherapy procedure vs. facelift in Los Angeles

+1

Not all facelifts are the same; and vary depending on the depth of surgery and pull. An alternative to a full facelift is the non surgical Ultherapy procedure. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS