How Much Does Dysport Cost?

What is the average cost of getting Dysport injections for wrinkles? I'm hoping the cost of Dysport injections will be cheaper than the Botox price.

Cost of Dysport in Seattle

Dysport and Botox are basically the same price. However, 1 unit of botox is between 2.5 to 3 units of dysport, so it is not a one to one dosing. Some clinics are still trying to figure out how to price dysport, but most are trying to keep the pricing about the same as botox.

In Seattle, you will find that the cost for dysport is about $4 to $6 dollars per unit.

If you usually use between 20 to 25 units of botox to treat your "11"s, then you would use about 55 to 65 units of dysport.

In our experience, we have found that dysport may be a little "stronger" than botox. In other words, it seems to freeze the area a little bit more. However, they seem to last about the same amount of time.

Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon

Cost of Dysport vs Botox

We've made it simple in our practice and priced Dysport and Botox the same.  We've found that some people prefer Dysport over Botox and others prefer Botox over Dysport.  It's an individual choice and to not complicate the situation any further, we've priced them equally per area.  However, being that Botox came out first in the US, Dysport is offering manufacturer mail in rebates and specials that we pass down to our patients.  Visit Dysports main website for details.  Hope this helps!

Amir Moradi, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport cost in Plano, Texas

We charge $325 for the first syringe of Dysport and $225 for the second syringe.  Each syringe is 75 units (equivalent of 30 units of Botox).

Medicis, the manufacturer, usually offers a rebate on the first syringe (currently $50), which may cut the cost to $275 for the first Dysport syringe.  (In equivalent Botox units, this corresponds to just over $9 per unit for the first syringe and $7.50 per unit for the second syringe.)

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Dysport vs. Botox

The costs per unit of dysport is less than that of Botox, b/c you have to inject more units total, usually a 2.5 to 3 ratio. For example, if you usually get 20 units/area of Botox, you'll be getting 50-60 units of dysport/area. I've used dysport overseas for about 4 years and in the US for a year since it was FDA approved. Its as good or better than botox, and we charge on average $300-400/area.

Ramtin Kassir, MD
Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dysport and Botox are the same price

While it’s true that the cost per unit of Dysport is less than per unit of Botox, the cost ends up being about the same because you need more Dysport to get the same result you would get with less Botox. That doesn’t mean one is better than the other, just different. I offer both Dysport and Botox, and the cost ends up being about the same.

Also, keep in mind you are not paying for a *product*. You are paying for a *service*, and the cost will vary based on the training, experience, and skill level of who is injecting the product. You want to have this done by someone with a complete understanding of facial anatomy. The injections are not placed at random, and the knowledge and skill of your injector will appear directly on your face, so you want to choose carefully, and not just based on cost.

Anita Patel, MD

Dysport and cost savings when compared to Botox

Dysport typically requires 2.5 times the dosage for the same effect. For example, the glabellar frown wrinkles is 20 units for Botox but 50 units for Dysport. So if you pay 12 dollars per unit for Botox, paying $5 per unit for Dysport is roughly equivalent.

The manufacturers are currently offering rebates to incentivize patients. Dysport can last slightly longer and may therefore require 3 injections a year rather than the common 4 for Botox. This can result in substantial cost savings of 25%. When compare without discounts or rebates the difference in cost can be 5-10% in favor of Dysport.

Dysport and Botox are the same price

Dysport is out now and doing great. Botox and Dysport are the same price in most offices even tho Dysport may last 3-5 months and Botox 3-4 month. Dysport and botox both cost  roughly $300 an area which would be crows feet or frown lines or forehead creases.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Dysport price not yet determined

The price has not been announced yet. Of course, Dysport has yet to be approved in the U.S. I am sure I agree with nearly all my colleagues that I hope too that it will be cheaper.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Cost of Dysport

Depending on where you live, Dysport and Botox (toxins) can be priced by either unit or area. Dysport is about the equivalent of 2.5 to 3 units compared to 1 unit of Botox. Thus, the pricing can seem lower for Dysport, when you need more units to get similar results. Call your local specialist for pricing!

Price for Dysport

We charge $13 for 3 units of Dysport and the same $13 price for a unit of Botox.  I think both products work wonders for the dynamic frown lines smile lines or forehead lines.