How Much Do Porcelain Veneers Cost?

Is the cost determined per-veneer or for the entire porcelain veneer procedure? is the price of veneers signifcantly different for products like Lumineers or Da Vinci veneers?

Veneer cost over 10 years less than daily Starbucks

+4

You read that right!  Porcelain veneers are expensive.  No question about that.  BUT since most porcelain veneers are expected to last about 10 years (sometimes more, sometimes less), the initial investment when spread out over that 10 years, comes out to much less than what most of us spend daily at Starbucks.  And the boost to your self esteem, confidence and general well being is truly priceless.  Your smile is the one accessory you never leave home without.  We often spend hundreds on shoes, bags, clothes, etc., that will be out of style in one season.  Your smile is timeless. 

Chicago Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of porcelain veneers - You are worth it!

+4

The cost of porcelain veneers ranges from approximately $1200 to as much as $2600.

In the case of cosmetic dentistry or veneer therapy you do get what you pay for. Often the cost of such therapy comes from the experience of the dentist and the talent of the ceramist. Both talent and experience lead to successful aesthetic and healthy outcomes.

Make sure you do your homework - find a dentist you are comfortable with. Always ask for before and after pictures. Make sure your dentist does a thorough work-up and evaluation of aesthetics to ensure veneer therapy is right for you. In the office, the aesthetic evaluation and interview can take up to two hours.

The dentist and the patient need to be on the same page with regards to what a beautiful smile is. In addition the dentist needs to be able to articulate to the patient what is to be expected and what is realistic for the individual patient.

Much of my work in the office involves removing unhealthy and aesthetically unpleasing veneers, most of which could have been prevented.

Veneer therapy is a wonderful procedure and has enabled me to enhance so many of my patient’s lives. A beautiful smile is the centerpiece of who we are and how we feel. When you are able to smile confidently you feel good and make people around you feel good.

So smile smile smile you are worth it!!!

Ryan Sellinger, DMD
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

Fees for porcelain veneers

+4

The investment for porcelain veneers can vary from office to office and from case to case. Most smiles are based on a "per case" basis and not per tooth, but some dentists look at it as a multiple of each veneer placed.

My opinion is that as more teeth are involved, the complexity of the case increases as well as the lab fees, so multiplying per veneer is not feasible. Fees are based on care, skill and judgement of the dentist and most of the time the fees will be higher in an office with more experience. Geography will also influence a fee, as the cost in Midtown Manhattan will normally be more than Pierre, South Dakota.

Usually when it comes to smiles, cheaper is not better.

Things to consider when doing a smile makeover is size of the smile (do you show ALL of your teeth or just a couple up front?), color shift (are all the teeth very yellow and will the new veneers stick out if they are whiter?) and longevity (will the material be strong enough to last a long time?).

The fee for a smile can vary, and range on average from $5000 to $20,000.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of porcelain veneers

+2
  1. Porcelain veneers can range from less than $1000.00  upwards to well over $2000.00 per veneer. The reason for this broad range of pricing has to do with the skill of the cosmetic dentist as well as the skill of the ceramist and the type of porcelain used. Do  your homework in checking the reviews online of several cosmetic dentists in your general area and think of this procedure as an investment in your future quality of life and not just as an expense

Edward L. Loev, DMD
San Francisco Cosmetic Dentist

How Much Do Veneers Cost - the complete answer

+2

This is probably one of the most frequent questions we’re asked.  But before that can be answered there are some things than have to be addressed.  First, what type of veneers are you referring to?  Hand sculpted composite (plastic) veneers or porcelain veneers?  If the former, are you needing a veneer on just one tooth, custom matching all the other teeth, or multiple teeth and choosing a color from the tooth color shade guide?  If the latter, again, are you referring to just one tooth and requiring that the ceramist custom match your adjacent teeth, or again doing multiple teeth and choosing a standard shade?  Another question is are you referring to no-preparation veneers like Lumineers, minimal preparation veneers, standard preparation veneers or moderate-plus preparation as would be necessary when there are large cavities or fillings or the teeth are significantly out of normal alignment?  Are you referring to feldspathic veneers or stronger and generally longer lasting veneers like pressed-ceramic EMax or Empress veneers? Other questions are what are your expectations and how difficult will your treatment be?  How skilled is your dentist and in what city are you located? Are you wanting your treatment to be covered by insurance or is this elective cosmetic dentistry? Which lab will your dentist be using?  A lab with considerable experience that specializes in cosmetic dentistry and veneers, a general lab or a discount lab?  I’m sorry to ask you so many questions before answering yours, but the reality is all those things go into consideration when dental fees are determined for cosmetic dentistry.  The range of fees is considerable, and we’ve seen dentists advertise veneers for as low as $300 and some of the high profile cosmetic dentists in major metropolitan cities like New York, Newport Beach or Beverly Hills are charging as much as $3,000 per veneer.  Obviously the two are not the same.  My point is that “a veneer” is like many other purchases you will make, like a TV or a car.  It can be high end, in the middle or low end economy.  The most important thing is that you get the results you want and that you’re given a fair fee based on the time, effort, training, expertise, skill level and final results from your cosmetic dentist.  Also, that the fee is affordable and that the dentist offers some kind of payment plan.  I strongly suggest that you not make your decision as to the dentist on fee alone.  In our cosmetic practice at least one-third of all the cosmetic dentistry we do is REDOING work done by other dentists that have not achieved the results that they patient wanted or expected.  Many of these patients based their initial decision on fee alone, and were subsequently disappointed.  Thus, first interview your cosmetic dentist, explain your goals and expectations, have him/her evaluate your smile and discuss with you the proposed treatment, answer many of the questions I’ve previously asked you, and give you an estimate of the fee.  Good luck, and again, sorry to give you such a long-winded diatribe to what at first would seem to warrant a one-word answer. One last suggestion, call the dental office you're considering for an estimate or range of fees that they routinely charge for porcelain veneers.  Most cosmetic dental practices will do this for you over the telephone, but you would get a much more accurate estimate by visiting the dentist in person for a cosmetic dentistry consultation.

Norman Huefner, DDS
Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist

It is cheaper in countries like India

+1
The cost of ceramic veneers is different in different countries. It is expensive in the US and Europe as the cost of living and manpower is expensive. Whereas, in countries like India it is cheap as the the cost of living and manpower is inexpensive. For example, it costs just $100 to $200 for each porcelain veneer. That means you can get full upper front veneers at the cost of one veneer. while the quality of veneers is equivalent to that of the USA or Europe as it comes with 10 years warranty.

Dantenapalli VijayVardhan, MDS(omfs)
India Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of veneers...

+1
Believe it or not, the cost for veneers really depends on where you live.  The coastal cities are usually much more expensive than the non-coastal cities.  Not because the quality is better in a place like New York, Los Angeles, or Chicago, but because the population is more crowed, which leads to a larger demand.  In St. Louis, veneers generally start at $1200, and can go up to about $1800, if the patient is requesting a specific brand of porcelain veneer.  The cost is always determined as cost per tooth, not cost for the entire procedure. 
I want to caution you though, that finding the cheapest veneer should never be your goal.  You goal should always be to find the most competent dentist that has great before and after photos and great communication skills, followed by a price that is very very reasonable (not necessarily the cheapest).  Patients mistakenly doctor-shop like they are searching for the cheapest price at Wal mart, when what they really should be searching for is the best doctor at the best price.  Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers cost

+1
the cost of veneers vary form dentist to dentist and you could get them for £420/tooth onwards. The price could multiply with increasing numbers as the complexity will increase.

Natwarlal Tibrewal, BDS
Leeds Cosmetic Dentist

I Should have Done This Years Ago!

+1
This is what people ALWAYS say after getting their veneers.  So, cost really shouldn't be the most important question.  Veneers can range from $600 to $3000 each.  It depends on where you live, quality of the lab making them, education and experience of the doctor, and planning expenses like a wax up for your temporaries.

Kathy Frazar, DDS, FAGD
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of Porcelain Veneers & the Factors that Determine Cost

+1

The cost of porcelain veneers is determined by the tooth location being treated, the color matching (whether or not the tooth needs custom shade matching), characterization of color, material selection and the lab being used to fabricate the crown. The average cost of a porcelain veneer per tooth is $1,000. Although you may find doctors that will fabricate the crowns for under $1,000, you need to question the materials being used and also the lab being used to fabricate the veneers.

Parnaz Aurasteh, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist