How Many Syringes of Preville Silk Needed for Around the Mouth?

I've never had it done before I am 48 yrs old

How much Prevelle

+1

I start with one syringe of Prevelle for the lips.  If the patient also wants the nasolabial folds or marionette lines done, I will recommend a thicker filler, like Restylane or Juvederm.  The amount in those areas is usually 1 - 3 syringes.  I think it is important to really "go for it" on the first injection.  Patients are much more satisfied with the result even though it is more expensive.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.

Prevelle for lip lines

+1

How much to use?  It depends on what you are looking for, but I use 0.6 - 1.5cc typically in the lips for a natural volumized lip.  Your lips will look great!

They great thing about using Prevelle for a lip filler is the limited risk.  The product is thin and does not tend to lumps, although you need an experienced lip injector to provide the treatment to make sure the product is placed correctly. Their motto "Prevelle today for tonight" is a good one because there isn't the swelling that we see with Restylane and Juvederm.  

Prevelle only lasts 2-3 months.  I typically use this filler for patients who either just want the effect for an event, say Christmas season.  I also use this for new patients who have never had lip fillers because they know what to expect and how much volume they desire for a more longlasting product.

Michael Howard Swann, MD
Springfield Dermatologic Surgeon