How Long Will Smart Lipo Pain Last?

I had smart lipo on my chin, abs and back flanks over a week ago and had hardly any bruising. However, I have a deep soreness in my abs and back. I Can hardly even touch those spots. In addition, my abs and back feel really tight, like i am wearing a thick band around my waist (it feels like that even without my compression garmet).

I just want to know, is this pain normal, and about how long will this last?

It takes time

+2

cjr, You are correct, everyone's bodies respond differently to Smartlipo. However, in general, you should expect two or so weeks of swelling and mild bruising after Smartlipo. The swelling makes the tissues feel thick or tight. Even though it does not look like it on the outside, the Smartlipo laser did a lot of work on the inside and the body responds to this by swelling. Wearing compression garments helps control the swelling after Smartlipo. Arnica Montana also helps with the bruising and inflammation. You should start to feel relief day by day as the swelling resolves. While a majority of the swelling will resolve in the first few weeks, it may take several months for the residual swelling to resolve. Good luck with your recovery from Smartlipo.

Web reference: http://www.RealPlasticSurgery.com

Laser lipo recovery

+1

Some mild to moderate but usually tolerable discomfort is normal.  I find that the hips/love handles and the back are typically the most sensitive areas after laser lipo.  The discomfort diminishes considerably over the first 1-2 wks in most everybody.  Occasionally the hypersensitivity may linger for 6-8 wks.  The longest I've seen the hypersensitivity last is 3 months but it did not interfere with normal activities including the gym.  The healing and sensitivity can be improved with fitted compression garments, spanx, and professional message. 

Web reference: http://www.yovinomd.com/md/body/liposuction/

Pain with smart lipo

+1

Typically the pain shouldn't last very long. Some light trauma can occur such as bruising and swelling, but this should resolve itself with time. I would suggest wearing some type of a compression garment to help reduce the swelling.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.