How Long Should I Wait After Breastfeeding Before I Undergo a Breast Lift?

Wait 3 Months After Nursing

+2

3 months is a good minmal time to wait to allow the breasts to recover from the effects of the hormones of pregnancy and nursing.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

You Will Need To Wait At Least 3 Months Following Breast-Feeding Before Breast Surgery

+1
You should wait at least three months from the cessation of lactation to undergo any type of elective invasive breast surgery.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

How long to wait after breast feeding for a lift.

+1
This is a common question. Most plastic surgeons will not perform a breast lift on a women who is breast feeding. Most will wait 3 to 6 months after breast feeding is done. The breast often changes after breast feeding. You want to be stable in the soft tissue of the breast so you know what you are working with. The operation then has the best chance of looking good and lasting as long as it can. Always a good idea to speak with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

+1
Best to wait at least 3 to 6 months after you have stopped breast-feeding before undergoing any type of breast surgery. Also, achieving your long-term stable weight prior to proceeding will be best.  Proceeding in this fashion will help minimize risk of complications and the potential need for additional surgery down the line.

Breast lift after breastfeeding

+1

Once you're done breastfeeding, it takes your breasts a few months to settle into their new shape and position.  I would wait at least 3 months to have a breast lift done.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Waiting period after breastfeeding before breast lift

+1

It is usually best to complete breastfeeding fully and wait at least an additional 3 to 6 months before undergoing any breast lift procedure. This will ensure that your results will not be affected by changes in breast shape and volume after lactation is complete.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Wait until lactation is complete before having any aesthetic breast surgery.

+1

Finish breast feeding and allow the milk to dry up before proceeding with breast lift surgery.  The breasts will be of stable size and the position and size of the areola will be established.  The volume that remains will be stable and the decision to use an implant concurrently can be made intelligently.

Wait 4 to 6 months after breast-feeding before receiving breast surgery

+1

Congratulations on your new baby! As you have noticed, pregnancy and breast-feeding can have very significant changes on the woman's body and breasts. It is very common for women to receive breast surgery after she is completed her breast-feeding. To ensure a safe and long-lasting results, it is best to wait at least 4 to 6 months after you have stopped breast-feeding before considering breast surgery. This way, you will not have milk within your breast tissue that may interfere with the healing process. The effects of your pricing hormones will also be removed so that you will see the final results of your body after your pregnancy.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Breast lift after breast feeding

+1

I believe most surgeons, including myself, would consider you a good candidate for a breast lift 6 months following your breastfeeding. This time period gives your breasts time to recuperate from the engorgement that occurs with breastfeeding and results in a more accurate representation of your true breast size, shape and condition.

Deason Dunagan, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Breast feeding and lift

+1

I prefer that patients wait a good 6 months before undergoing any breast surgery after completing breast feeding. This also means that your weight is stable and the swelling of the breasts have subsided.