How Long Does Sculptra Last in the Hands?

How long does Sculptra last when injected into the hands? Also, does some build over time or become permanent? I want to do something to improve the appearance of my hands but I don't want to throw my money away either.

Sculptra in the Hands

+1

My most recent personal expereince with Sculptra dates back to around a year ago. The beautiful result has not decreased over time. I see the patient daily. There are NO lumps are bumps. Such things are highly dependant upon the skill of the injector. It is nice to be injected by a physician who has expereince with hand surgery.

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra can last 1-2 years

+1

Sculptra if used with the recommended treatment schedule of two to three sessions can last up to 2 years; however, fat injection can also do the same. I find that use of spun fat and careful placement in one session has lasted for a minimum of 3 years.

Khalique S. Zahir, MD
Mclean Plastic Surgeon

Several years or more

+1

Some collagen that is produced may stay for more than one or two years. Fat injections may not work because it is a graft which has to live once it is harvested from one part of your body and placed into the hands. When it does work, it can last for several years or more.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Sculptra has no permanence

+1

Ruth,

Sculptra is a unique filling product. It works more as a stimulator of your own collagen production rather than the material itself causing the volume increase. There is no permanence to Sculptra, so it will eventually all be dissolved and your collagen that was produced will also eventually thin again as you continue to age.

The duration of Sculptra effect can last 2 years or so, depending on your body's response, once you have reached a full correction.

You must commit to at least 2 or 3 treatment sessions on average to reach a full correction. Some patients require 4 or 5 sessions to reach full correction, depending on the extent of their aging and their skin's response to the material. A touch up at 18 to 20 months may prolong your effect.

Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

No quick answer to this question

+1

The time sculptra will be effective depends on several variables.

The amount of material used and the size of your hands.

What your objectives are: bony hands seem to do better than hands where the problem is visible veins.

Typically we will do two sessions seperated by at least 3-5 weeks to get a long lasting result.

Remember!! Sculptra is a "simulatory filler" that continues to improve for at least 6-8 weeks after the injection deptending on your response, so we ask our patients not to be impatient.

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra in the hands

+1

Sculptra should last about 2 years when used for the hands.