How Long Does Perlane Last?

I thought Perlane was supposed to last longer than other non-permanent wrinkles fillers, but a lot of the Perlane reviews on this site say that it didn't last very long.  How long is Perlane supposed to last? 

Perlane results duration

Perlane typically lasts 6-12 months, but it depends where it is injected. If injected onto the cheekbones, I find it lasts around 12 months, while in the nasolabial folds and marionette lines it is 6-9 months since there is more movement in this area. Duration is partly affected by injection technique as well.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane longevity is similar to Restylane and Juvederm

Perlane is a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler material similar in structure to Restylane and Juvederm. It is processed to be thicker and designed for deeper wrinkles or subcutaneous augmentation.

The duration of the filling effect seems to be similar to the other HA products. Realistically a 6-12 month effect is to be expected, depending on the location injected.

Ira D. Papel, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane lasts upto 9 months

Perlane has been lasting from 6 up to 9 months in my practice over the past several years.

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane

Perlane can last anywhere from 4 to 9 months depending on the patient. Everyone's body reacts differently to the filler. Perlane was shown to be effective when compared to other dermal fillers with respect to the correction of moderate to severe facial folds and wrinkles. Studies showed that at three months roughly 87 to 92 percent of patients reported an improvement in wrinkles, and at six months 63 to 71 percent of patients were still reporting improvements.

Dennis Gross, MD

How Long Does Perlane Last?

Perlane injections generally last from 6-12 months, depending on the area of the face that is injected and the individual person.  Smokers and those who take more medications or are very active tend to metabolize the product somewhat faster than the average person.  Perlane has recently been re-branded as Restylane Lyft, and is being marketed now specifically for usage in the cheeks to add volume and lift to the midface.  In this area, the duration of action for the product may be longer than in other areas of the face, such as the nasolabial folds.  Best, Dr. Gregory Lewen

Gregory D. Lewen, MD, FACS
Miami Oculoplastic Surgeon

Perlane time-line

I tell my patients that Perlane lasts 9-12 months but it is slowly degrading and that they may want to come in for a touch-up at 6 months.
If they need 2 syringes at the 1st visit, they will only need 1 syringe at 6 months.
That keeps that close to 100% correction all year round!

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Perlane

Perlane should typically last 9-12 months, however people metabolize products at different rates so the same may not last longer on one person than another.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Perlane - How long does it last?

Perlane is FDA approved to last 8-12 months; however, if a touch up of the product is performed at 4 months, you can expect it to last up to 18 months.  It will last longer in the cheeks and shorter around the nasolabial folds and lips.  Good Luck!

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long does Perlane last? 6 months average

In short, most will get 6 months or more correction with Perlane. Results do vary with injection technique, skin thickness, and the amount of movement in the area treated. 

This product works best for moderate lines and wrinkles as well as lip enhancement. 

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane and duration of efficacy

Perlane is formulated to last about the same as other hyaluronic acid based fillers. The difference in the products is the molecule size, which is much greater than that of Restylane or Juvederm and is typically used in areas with deeper volume loss.

Sam Naficy, MD