How Long Does Perlane Last?

I thought Perlane was supposed to last longer than other non-permanent wrinkles fillers, but a lot of the Perlane reviews on this site say that it didn't last very long.  How long is Perlane supposed to last? 

Perlane results duration

+2

Perlane typically lasts 6-12 months, but it depends where it is injected. If injected onto the cheekbones, I find it lasts around 12 months, while in the nasolabial folds and marionette lines it is 6-9 months since there is more movement in this area. Duration is partly affected by injection technique as well.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane longevity is similar to Restylane and Juvederm

+2

Perlane is a hyaluronic acid (HA) filler material similar in structure to Restylane and Juvederm. It is processed to be thicker and designed for deeper wrinkles or subcutaneous augmentation.

The duration of the filling effect seems to be similar to the other HA products. Realistically a 6-12 month effect is to be expected, depending on the location injected.

Ira D. Papel, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane lasts upto 9 months

+2

Perlane has been lasting from 6 up to 9 months in my practice over the past several years.

Michael A. Persky, MD

How long does Perlane last? 6 months average

+1

In short, most will get 6 months or more correction with Perlane. Results do vary with injection technique, skin thickness, and the amount of movement in the area treated. 

This product works best for moderate lines and wrinkles as well as lip enhancement. 

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Perlane and duration of efficacy

+1

Perlane is formulated to last about the same as other hyaluronic acid based fillers. The difference in the products is the molecule size, which is much greater than that of Restylane or Juvederm and is typically used in areas with deeper volume loss.

Sam Naficy, MD

Perlane, Juvederm, Fill NLF's, Face Fillers

+1

Perlane lasts about 8 months in my experience.  Radiesse lasts a  bit longer, typically around 12 months.  Both are great fillers and have their pluses and minuses. 

Perlane lasts up to 12 months.

+1

Perlane is my filler of choice for midface volume correction.  The product is safe, effective, and feels natural.  I have treated a number of complications with other non-hyalorunic acid fillers in this area.  I tend to favor a slightly shorter duration versus greater risk and no reversibility. 

Benjamin Bassichis, MD, FACS
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Perlane lasts up to about 9-12 months, 6 months is a good time for touch-ups

+1

We will often use one to two syringes of Perlane for the tear trough and cheek bone area during the initial treatment.  We then recommend patients return at 6 month intervals and they typically will use only one syringe at that time.

Perlane is a great choice for dermafillers because it has very few complications, gives nice filling results, and is reversible if ever needed.

Good luck and take care.

I'm very proud of my work with Perlane and  invite you to review our Perlane results at the link below!

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

How Long Does Perlane Last?

+1

Perlane is made of hyaluronic acid; just like Restylane and Juvederm. It is thicker than Restylane, so it is best for treating the nasolabial folds. The manufacturer recommends anywhere from 4.5 months to 9 months for follow-up treatments. We have also noticed that patients who followed the treatment regimen regularly, they are seeing the results lasting up to 18 months.

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Perlane longevity

+1

Perlane is a hyaluronic acid like restylane and juvaderm and lasts about 9 months to a year.  It is a great product.