How Long Does It Take for Radiesse in the Lips to Dissolve?

Does it ever get back to the original lips again? I recently had my upper lips injected with Radiesse already. Is there any other way to make this Radiesse substance disolve fast without having to have surgery? Please help!

Radiesse filler in the lips.

+4

Unfortunately, you will need to wait until the material is naturally absorbed by the body. Because the material is inextricably absorbed into the tissues where it is injected, surgery does not seem to be a good option. If your lips do not develop any lumps over the next several months, after the material dissolves, your lip should return to its original state prior to the injection. If you decide you want lip augmentation in the future, I advise going with a hyaluronic acid product such as Restylane or Juvederm.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist

Radiesse remains in lips for a long time

+2

Radiesse is composed of hard microscopic particles of calcium-like material that slowly is removed by your body over at least a couple of years.  It is great to replace an irregularity over bone, stiffen tissue, or fill a deep void.  But, in an area with active muscles action, like the lips, the particles may be kneaded by the muscle into balls, or lumps, or displaced away from the area of correction. 

So, although the particles may be present for years, the correction may not last long at all.  Removal of the entire substance would be next to impossible, but isolated lumps can be extracted.

Radiesse in lips never a good idea

+2

Because of the pursing action of the very active mouth muscles, Radiesse and Sculptra are never recommended. Lumps always form. They also last a very long time, perhaps years. You may indeed need them punched out.

New Orleans Dermatologist