How Long Does It Take for Botox to Be Completely Gone?

I have had botox for five months now and I can tell that it is still in my face and I don't like the results so I just want it gone. I had been getting the injections between my brows and on my forehead for a year and a half. Thanks, nndoll

Actually, the Botox is gone, but the effects will gradually wear off

+2

It takes about 2 days for Botox to be taken up by the nerves that stimulate muscle movement. So, the Botox, itself, is gone, but you are still experiencing the effects of the muscle weakening.

These effects take, on average, about 3-4 months to disappear as new nerve endings grow to stimulate the muscle to move. You should notice gradual improvement over the next few months.

Unfourtunately, there is no injection available that can counteract the results.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

How long does Botox last?

+1

Botox usually lasts 3-4 months.  For some people, it may last longer, particularly if you've been doing it for awhile, as you have.  There is also a chance that your Botox has already technically worn off, but you are still seeing the effects of the repeated usage on your muscles (muscles may weaken and atrophy over time with repeated Botox usage).  Give it time.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Botox and length of time

+1

In most patients, botox lasts between 3-4 months. However, in some patients it may last a bit longer.

Should Botox Be Gone After 5 Months?

+1

Normally Botox is gone from your system after 5 months.  Each patient is a bit different so it's possible you are holding onto your results longer than average.

Unfortunately, there's no way to "reverse" a Botox injection so allowing the product to dissipate naturally is the only way for the effects to resolve.  Sorry, but in this situation, patience is key.  You should see the effects gone completely after 6-8 months.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

It can take 3 to 6 months for the effects of Botox to wear off

+1

It can take up to 3 to 6 months for the effects of Botox to wear off.  Most people are in the 4 to 5 month range.  However, rest assured, the effects of Botox always go away.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Botox gone, but not forgotten

+1

If the pharmacology and neurophysiology of Botox injections in a given individual weren't complex enough, a patient's subjective response makes it impossible to give you a straight answer. I have patients who want it every 3-4 mos., even though I can see it is still working ,while others are on a 12 to 14 mo. cycle when i felt it had stopped workig at 8 mos.

Be patient , you'll get your 'old face ' back soon enough. Be careful what you wish for.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon