How Long Before You See the Results of Juvederm Ultra Plus?

I had

Radiesse injections

seven weeks ago for my cheeks & a week ago, I opted to use

Juvederm Ultra plus

to plump up a couple of indentations that were missed by the Radiesse. It appears I still have some swelling/edema on the right side. If by the end of the month, I am not liking the way this turned out, how expensive is it to

dissolve the Juvederm

?

Ask your surgeon about dissolving Juvederm Ultra Plus

+2

The cost of dissolving the Juvederm varies from Surgeon to Surgeon. Most surgeons in our area either charge nothing or just the cost of the hyulronidase. The results are usually seen within a week but may require a repeat injection. I would wait at least 4 to 5 weeks before considering the hyulronidase.

Medford Plastic Surgeon

Results of Juvederm Ultra Plus

+2

You should be able to appreciate the final results of your Juvederm 2 weeks after your injections.  If at that time you do not like the results, I would return to the same doctor who injected the Juvederm and express your concerns.  He or she may not charge you for hyaluronidase injections.

Good luck.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Juvederm can be dissolved

+2

The good thing about HA fillers, is the ability to dissolve them if you are not pleased. In most cases, the doctor who did the injecting will not not charge to correct any problem. If you go to a different doctor the charge can vary from $100-$200. I do recommend you make the decision to dissolve after you have waited at least 2 weeks.

Remember, you cannot dissolve the Radiesse, so if it was that product causing the problem, you must wait it out for many months.

Good luck. www.drmarylupo.com

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Results in two weeks

+2

Usually such swelling should remit after two weeks.

If there is excess filling there, Hyaluronidase, an enzyme that breaks up the hyaluroinc acid of the filler, can be used. I only used it once in a "lump" that I could not see and barely felt, and did not charge the woman. I do not know what the policy of my colleagues on this site might be.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Dissolving juvederm

+1

Juvederm ultra plus is reported to last between 9 - 12 months, if you want it to be dissolved you can have your doctor inject hyaluronidase.