How Long Before Smart Lipo Bruising Heals?

I had Smart Lipo done on the saddlebags on my outer thighs last Friday. Not too bad, only that I had leakage on one thigh on that day. Now, I'm bruised below the saddlebag area, and the area still looks the same even if I'm wearing the garment. Does it take time for the bruising to go down? When will it heal completely?

Smart Lipo

+2

Swelling and bruising after any type of liposuction is normal. This usually settles down in a few weeks, but can vary from patient to patient. Although the majority of swelling will dissipate in the first 3-6 weeks, it may take months for you to see the final result.

The answer depends on whether you had tumescent liposuction or not

+1

Most people don't know that it all comes down to what method is used to numb you up. If you had true tumescent liposuction as we do in our office, you wouldn't have had ANY bruising. The problem is that most people who are doing SmartLipo have little or no qualifications to perform it, let alone liposuction. The company will sell a laser to anyone who has finished a course, despite the fact that their main training has been in some non-cosmetic specialty like family practice or emergency medicine.

What this means is that they know one thing: how to turn on a laser and insert the cannula. This doesn't mean that they know how to get good results, manage the complications or keep you from bruising.

Most of the people who are getting bruising either have been inadequately numbed or haven't been prepared properly. If they were, the incidence of bruising would be nearly zero. If you have bruising it will probably last about 2 weeks, but it could even be longer depending on how bad it is.

Omaha Dermatologist