How Long Before Radiesse Lumps Dissolve?

I have had Radiesse injected into my right cheek to reduce a crease. This was about 6 weeks ago, and although the additional volume has helped with the crease, I have red lumps at the injection sites (about 5 or 6). I have been told that these will reduce in time, but there is no sign yet. How long will it take before these lumps dissolve?

Radiesse lumps

+3

If the Radiesse was injected in a shallow plane, and you notice bumps, it may take 6 -12 months for the bumps to go away.  Sometimes a small nick can be made into the skin to express them like a pimple.

See your Doc and get antibiotic cream and Kenalog injections.

+3

Red lumps at the injection site is either an infection or too superficial injection of the Radiesse. Don't wait to let them resolve. You need to see your doc now. He can place you on a topical antibiotic to cover the infection possibility and also he can give you a Kenalog injection drop(2.5 mg/cc) into each red bump to clear it up fast.

David Hansen, MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse lumps are not a common occurrence

+2

I’m sorry to hear you’ve developed these lumps. The lumps are not a common occurrence, but the inflammation you are experiencing may be the result of the Radiesse. While the Radiesse will stick around for about 6-12 months, the redness that is present will resolve sooner. Your doctor may prescribe a cream to decrease the inflammation. 

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse lumps

+2

Radiesse typically lasts approximately one year and sometimes a bit more, and so would the lumps. You can either wait, or have them surgically removed. Another option is to break up the lumps with saline injections. If the lumps are red like in your case, your doctor needs to assess you to make sure there isn't an infection which would require either oral or topical antibiotics.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

How Long Before Radiesse Lumps Dissolve

+1

It depends on the etiology of the bumps.  If the bumps are from a redness reaction then they will probably go down in a few weeks.  If they are caused by injections in the skin when the needle was pulled out but the Radiesse injection was not terminated then there are Radiesse granulomas, then they are  not likely to go away for 6 – months to 1 year.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Persistent Radiesse Lumps

+1

Typically these lumps will improve by 3 months. IF not you should discuss options with your physician.

Radiesse Lumps

+1

Radiesse is a great product when injected correctly.  That is why it is very important to be injected by an experienced and board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist.  When injected too superficially, you can get lumps or inflammation like you describe.  It may take several months for the areas to resolve. 

David Shafer, MD

Possible Allergic Reaction

+1

The red lumps may be an allergic reaction or a result of Radiesse injected in a shallow plane. The inflammation may be a result of your Radiesse treatment. The redness will dissolve sooner. But follow-up with your

Sanusi Umar, MD
Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Longevity of Radiesse

+1

Radiesse is a powerful and effective dermal filler that is comprised of the ground substance of bone. For this reason, the longevity of Radiesse is much longer than the duration of hyaluronic acid-based fillers. Typically, patients can see the results of Radiesse last for at least 15 to 18 months. Keep in mind that every patient is different and this may vary between patients. The overall effect of Radiesse will also depend on how much was injected to the specific area.

Pat Pazmino, MD