How is This Lifestyle Lift Carried Out?

I am considering the Lifestyle lift and would like to know how it is carried out?

Lifestyle Lift is a Business

+6

What patients must understand when viewing a Lifestyle Lift Infomercial is that they are viewing a representation of a branded commodity. I would like to ask the reader if it makes sense that one would choose a Physician or Surgeon based on reputation (word of mouth) or based on marketing. The appeal of Lifestyle Lift marketing relates to an offer that seems amazing: A Revolutionary New Procedure that "Removes Years In About an Hour", without the need for anesthesia, at an affordable price. What is implied in this message is that this commodity (your result) will be equivalent at any Lifestyle Lift center and by any surgeon performing the Lifestyle Lift. What is implied is that there is something new or revolutionary about the procedure. I can assure you that there is not.

Lifestyle Lift is not an accepted term within the academic lexicon of Facial Plastic Surgery, it is just a marketing term, representing a commodity. In fact, the founder of Lifestyle Lift, David M Kent, DO has never published any articles on Facelift, or anything about the Lifestyle Lift in any Pub Med listed peer reviewed journal. The absence of published material leads to the assumption that the only breakthrough in Lifestyle Lift is in the marketing and business model.

Although it is totally possible for a patient to be happy with their results from a Lifestyle Lift procedure, I can assure you of one irrefutable fact: A patient with significant jowls, obliquity in the neck, mid-facial descent and desiring facial rejuvenation in the form of facelift, will require a procedure that significantly exceeds one hour in order to obtain a result that is aesthetically pleasing and which adequately addresses the aging problems that were to be corrected.

So the answer to the question is this: Lifestyle Lift is a business. Surgeons are hired to perform a facelift type procedure, and to do so quickly. The patients are recruited by aggressive marketing initiated by the Lifestyle Lift company. Your initial visit is likely to be with a commissioned sales representative, usually without any background or training in facial cosmetic surgery. You will be presented with a compelling story and (by reports) made to pay a deposit in order to see the Surgeon. You may not meet your Surgeon until the day of surgery. And, of course....... you may not be happy with your result. I would encourage any reader to view the reports about Lifestyle Lift on this website and form an impression. I would also encourage you to see at least another surgeon outside of Lifestyle Lift before signing up.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

How is this Lifestyle lift carried out?

+4

As a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon, I think that I can give you an idea of how this procedure is performed.

The Lifestyle lift is a procedure that can be utilized to bring rejuvenation of the face for patients. Depending on the areas to be address (cheeks and/or neck) then the surgeon decides the techniques or procedures that he is going to utilize to reach his goal for the patient. Also, if it is necessary to add more procedures, he will discuss this with the patient.

These surgeries are the same or similar techniques or procedures that any plastic surgeon would use in any place to perform the same amount of rejuvenation or to address the same problems. The major difference is that the patient does not need to incur in the cost of general anesthesia, a cost that could be very significant and sometimes adding risks.

So you see that there is no magic, or secrets. It is virtually the same surgeries that make possible to bring rejuvenation to our patients. It does not mater if it is a Facelift, Mini-Lift, or Lifestyle lift. The most important thing is to know how to select your physician, so that he is able to correctly select the best surgical procedure for your facial rejuvenation goals.

My last recommendation, always trust your face to a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon.

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lifestyle lift

+4

What you have to understand is that this is a marketing term and not a defined surgical procedure.

The lifestyle lift is performed by different surgeons in different locations, and as far as I know, there is no textbook that defines the procedure. Most of the patients are "screened" by a nurse or health care personnel and I frequently hear that patients do not meet the doctor until the day of surgery. This may explain the low (60%)satisfaction rates reported in the "Was it worth it?" survey. Compare this to the high (78%) facelift rates.

I was a facelift carried out

+1
 If you are going to have a lifestyle lift than it is best to ask your sales associate or doctor.
 In  our practice, we perform a comprehensive lower face and neck lift under general anesthesia that takes approximately 3 hours. We tighten the neck muscles in 3 locations, tighten the facial muscles and jowls, tighten up an elastic facial and neck skin, and remove any fatty deposits located in the neck above and below the platysma muscle.
 For many examples, please see the link below to our comprehensive lower face/neck left photo gallery

Ultherapy vs. Lifestyle Lift

+1

One great alternative to a Lifestyle Lift is the Ultherapy treatment, especially to tighten the lower face and neck areas.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Los Angeles, Plastic Surgery

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

How is a lifestyle lift performed

+1

The lifestyle lift is a trademarked term. It generally refers to a lower facelift and neck lift that addresses jowling in the face and cheeks and laxity in the neck (turkey neck). There is nothing revolutionary about this procedure. It is typically performed using what is referred to as either SMAS imbrication or plication techniques. These are techniques for anchoring the muscle in the face. The procedure is usually done under local anesthetic in an office setting.

There are several problems with the lifestyle lift. First of all, it is marketed by a large corporation and every patient essentially gets the same procedure. There is limited interaction with the surgeon and the overall experience can be disappointing.

I would look for an experienced and qualified surgeon who will give you individualized attention and design a plan that meets your needs. You are much more likely to not only have good results, but also a good experience if you do your research and find an experienced facial plastic surgeon. Good Luck!

Todd C. Miller, MD