Will Fat Go Away After Liposuction?

It looks like my upper stomach is a bit bigger than when i had the initial procedure (vaser liposelection) 3 weeks ago. Suction was done also, so should i still be swollen? Went back to doing sit ups after 2 weeks... is this ok? The pictue was 5 days after procedure.

Swelling is normal after liposuction.

+1

Swelling is normal after liposuction and is usually gone within 2-4 weeks.

Final results from liposuction are noticeable around 4-6 months.

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Final result of liposuction seen in four months

+1

You look a little irregular, and I would recommend lymphatic drainage massage.  But you cannot really judge the result for several months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Resolution of swelling after liposuction

+1

Liposuction is a safe, popular, and effective way to contour the body. After the surgery, patients may experience swelling for many months. This swelling can make the areas that have been treated look bigger than they were even before the surgery. For this reason, we provide our patients with a special compression garment that has been designed to apply circumferential pressure to the areas that treated. We also recommend that a wear this garment at all times for at least 4 to 6 months. You should expect to see your final results from liposuction at around 6 to 8 months.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Liposuction and swelling

+1

Swelling lasts for months. The majority of swelling will go down over the first 3-6 weeks, but it may take several months to see it dissipate completely.

3 weeks after Vaser Lipo too early for final results

+1

You are still very early to see the final results. Wait 12 weeks then re-evaluate. If you have a problem, see your Board Certified PS.

Vaser Lipo is new and have little in the literature to study it.

Liposuction recovery

+1

Early post liposuction swelling typically starts to resolve in the first two weeks. You will notice your swelling and any bruising starting to decrease in the second week. Swelling with abdominal suction can also be affected by gravity and will migrate to your belt line. I have patients continue to wear compressive garments if they notice swelling persisting.

Areas of fullness or focal swelling can also be managed with either Endermologie (fancy massage machines typically performed by a nurse or Aesthetic personnel) or manual massage in the shower with soap on the skin.

I have my patients walking on a treadmill or around the neighborhood at 2 weeks; heart rate no higher than 140 for 4 weeks. Then gradual increase, heart rate to 160 is can reach it. Too much excercise, too early ( sit-ups, jogging,etc.) causes shearing forces between the skin and miscle. The Skin and soft tissue must "velcro" together to minimize contour irregularities, fluid collections (seroma) and delayed healing.

John Philip Connors III, MD

Liposuction swelling lasts at least 6 weeks total

+1

You will still be swollen for 6 weeks after surgery. I tell my liposuction patients that it is okay to start exercising 2 weeks after the procedure.

David S. Rosenberg, MD