How Effective is Fraxel Repair for Treating Acne Scars on the Nose Area?

I have some deep acne scars on my nose and i am planning on getting Fraxel Repair for the face. I was wondering if the nose area is harder to treat for acne scars or not? I am asian and also worry about pigmentation problem with laser. Is the normal recovery time 2 weeks?

Fraxel re:pair Laser for Treating Acne Scars on Asian Skin

+2

Hi Luca's Mom,

I have seen excellent results with Fraxel re:pair treatments for acne scarring, even on the nose. Large pores are difficult to correct with any modality, but fractionated CO2 lasers and traditional CO2 lasers give the best possible results.

You should pre-treat your skin for a few weeks before the laser treatments to help avoid hyperpigmentation, as well as avoiding sun exposure and using a physical sun block. The normal recovery is 7 to 10 days, but the redness after the treatment may take from 4 to 6 weeks to resolve.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fraxel for Acne Scars

+1
Thank you for your question. Fraxel treatment eliminates irregular skin discoloration, and stimulates new collagen production, tightening the skin without prolonged recovery. After a series of 2 to 4 Fraxel treatments, the cumulative cosmetic improvement is near more aggressive lasers, but unlike more aggressive lasers, redness and swelling eliminated within 2 to 4 days after each treatment. Fraxel is outstanding for fine wrinkles, mild skin laxity, irregular pigmentation, acne scars, surgical scars, enlarged pores, stretch marks, age spots and Rosacea. It can be used safely on the face, neck, hands, arms, and chest.

Web reference: http://www.shapiroplasticsurgery.com/paradise-valley-skin-klinic/fraxel.php

In general I haven't seen many good acne scar results from fraxel.

+1

Fraxel re:pair is best in my opinion for wrinkles, while the re:store is best for acne scars. This isn't to say that either is going to make significant changes in acne scars, but the recovery time for the re:store is much less, making it more worthwhile to get that than the re:pair given fairly equivalent acne scar improvements.

One comment or caution: Asian skin and lasers such as re:pair don't always do that well. The reason is that pigmentation after this can be variable and that may lead to poor results, even if the scars are lessened. This is another reason to consider re:store (or nothing) for this problem.

Omaha Dermatologist