How Do You Get Rid of Milia?

I've had milia since I was 25 and now I'm 36 and it is even worse despite acne medications and microdermabrasion, etc.  Nobody in my family has this.  I take care of my skin, so why is it getting worse?

Milia prevention and retinoids use

+1

Milia are named because they look like Millet seeds which resemble tiny sesame seeds.

When they occur after surgery or peels, they tend to resolve on their own.

The cause is usually attributable to aggressive keratin formation. Treatment generally involves exfoliation and this can be accomplished via a variety of methods of which microdermabrasion is one. Dermaplaning is another. Routine use of expfolating agents such as glycolic acid peels.can also be beneficial.

It is important to avoid particularly heavy makeup or moisturizing agents which can accelerated the formation of Milia.

Often times they can covered by a thick surface that is best treated by lancing and evacuation of the white material.

Sometimes the best treatment is prevention and use of retinoids can diminish the formation of milia.