How Do I Get Retin A?

Where/how do I get Retin A?

Retin-A

+2

In the United States, this requires a presciption.

I am told this is not necessary in other countries and I am not familar with Ireland' s regulations. For example, many people obtain Retin-A over the counter when traveling to Mexico.

I would urge caution in using Retin-A. Many people enthusiastically start treatment with the highest dose and are overzealous in its application. They then epxerience redness, discomfort, irritation and incorrectly attribute it to the product rather than incorrect initiation of therapy. BEGIN SLOWLY AND SPARINGLY slowly building up your tolerance over at least a month. Use moisturizers and sunscreen daily. Be patient with results. It is a great medication when used properly and has tremendous benefits.

Retin-A is a prescription treatment

+1

If you are using retinoids, such as retin-a for acne or cosmetic reasons, you will need a prescription. I recommend a dermatologic consultation, since there are many different types of "retin-a" and it's important to pick the right one for you. OTC retinols are in such low concentration, that they don't do much.

Gary Goldenberg, MD

Retin-A

+1

Retin-A is only available by prescription in the USA, I would not recommend buying it any where but a physicians office as you can not guarantee what you are actually getting.

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Retin-A by prescription

+1

Retin-A in North America is available only by prescription. It has numerous benefits, including improving acne, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and the overall look & feel of the skin. Most people would benefit from using this treatment, and most cosmetic physicians personally use it.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon