How Do I Find Surgeons Performing Contour Threads or Threadlift?

in the midwest (MN, IA, ND, SD, WI etc.) I'm interested in having the procedure and am having difficulties finding doctors that perform it?

ContourThreads and ThreadLift procedures

+1

The short lived fad of ContourTrheads and Threadlifts was heavily promoted to many cosmetic offices as a quick and easy lift, but as the early results began to fade within 6 months, patients were disappointed, and the company manufacturing the barbed sutures stopped promoting this technique.  However, the lessons learned by this unique device can be utilized successfully for specific indications as an adjunct to standard surgical lifts.  It will be difficult to find surgeons offering Threadlifts alone, but if you are an appropriate candidate without excessive drooping and heavy skin, your surgeon may be able to offer his experience with this technique.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

New Threadlift not the old procedure

+1

You won't find a surgeon performing the Contour threadlift any more as the company is no longer making the threads. I suspect, as others have alluded to, this is because they didn't really work. It was an interesting concept that sounded promising but the lift was far less lasting than the short duration of two years predicted by the creator. Additionally, the ideal candidate group was very small as any patient with any significant amount of loose skin would be happier with a facelift. A competitor at the time, the Aptos thread, can still be found on the market but with great difficulty. I suspect it has the same problems that Contour thread did.

Now, the newest threadlift to hit the US market is called Silhouette Lift. It has been around Europe for about eight years and there are about 1200 patients worldwide with the devices in them. There are a few things about the design of the Silhouette thread that makes them more promising than their predecessors. They use a clear, permanent thread with knots tied in it. Between the knots are absorbable cones that provide for the initial lifting of the face. Over time, as the cones disappear, scar tissue in grows into the knots to make the thread permanent. In some of the early patients it has been shown that one can go back years later and using the original threads, lift the face again.

I have personally used the Contour threads and have done several Sillhouette Lfit patients. I am much happier with the results I have seen thus far in the Silhouette Lift patients than I was with the Contour Lift patients. The ideal candidate still remains the relatively young person with mild skin laxity.

Barry Stuart Handler, MD

Contour thread lift: A procedure whose time has come and gone.

+1

I agree with Dr,. Rand.

I used to perform the procedure but rarely do so. There are many problems which are too numerous to elaborate on here. Suffice it to say, if it was a great procedure, I would still be performng it routinely. I currently take out more than I put in.

I rarely use it on the occasion of individuals who cannot have surgery (blood thinners, etc.,) or for slight corrections of asymmetry such as seen with a stroke,

Don't do it

+1

The reason you are having trouble is that nobody is going to do it anymore and even the company doesn't make the threads anymore. The results just were not good enough and didn't last either. Go to an excellent plastic surgeon and discuss your options. But don't waste you money going to somebody who wants to use up their supply of threads.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS