How Can I Minimize Pores?

i can't stand my big pores. can i laser them or do something to reduce pore size?

Large Pores: Minimizing Pores and Improving Skin Quality

+3

Pores are a reflection of several environmental, physiologic, and genetic factors. Contrary to the beauty industry, there is no single product or treatment that will universally improve pores. The pores enlarge because of hormonal influences, rosacea, the environment and region of the country you live in, the indoor atmosphere (humid or cool), the oiliness of your skin, presence of hyperhidrosis, and of course, genetics.

Our office employs an aggresive exfoliative treatment protocol including Pore Clarifying Pads used on a daily basis. This allows the external causes of pores to subside and induces gradual improvement in skin pore quality and size.

Intradermal Botox - Reduces Pores and Smoothens Skin

+3

Intradermal Botox Injections (Botox injected into the skin) is a safe and very effective way to shrink pores and give skin a tightened tone. Skin looks smoother and has a "matte" appearance after the injections. No down time is involved and results last 4 - 6 months.

Kamran Jafri, MD

Minimize pores with Botox, IPL, Chemical Peels and Microdermabrasion

+2

In my medical spa (Spa Aesthetica) we have found 4 common treatments that reduce pore size:

1. Botox

2. Intense Pulse Light Therapy

3. Chemical Peels

4. Microdermabrasion

The improvement we see will vary depending on the patient's skin type and the number and types of treatments.

Daniel Reichner, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Laser & skin creams can help improve your pores

+2
Some creams are designed to fill in the pores temporarily and make them less obvious. Some, not all, patients notice smaller pores after they are treated with non surgical laser and thermal energy devices such as Fraxel Restore, Fraxel Repair as well as Portrait Plasma.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Microneedling and Light Chemical Peels Good to Minimize Pores

+1
I have found the Dermaroller microneedling treatments combined with light chemical peels work really well to reduce pore size. These treatments have minimal to no downtime and are great for all skin types. Proper homecare will also aid in diminishing pores if used daily as part of a good healthy regime.

Jerome Edelstein, MD