How Can I Make Radiesse Results Last Longer?

I just had Radiesse and I want the results to last. I've read so many comments about this product disappearing after a few weeks and even days! How can I make this product last? Is there a reason why it reabsorbs faster on some people and not others? Do you really need to be reinjected after a few weeks like I have read from some of these writers? Thanks!

Radiesse duration is variable

+2

You may be one of the fortunate individuals in whom Radiesse is metabolized slowly. Some people are slow metabolizers, others are fast metabolizers and unfortunately there is not much we can do about that.

We know that Radiesse and other temporary fillers last longer in areas of less facial movement. It would be unreasonable though to recommend that you stop smiling. I would, however, avoid over-manipulation of the treated areas, as this may produce inflammation which could cause the material to break-down faster.

If after a couple of weeks, you find the volume correction with your initial session to be unsatisfactory, you would probably benefit from an additional injection. A second session of Radiesse is usually not needed.

Enjoy the results!

San Diego Dermatologist

Longevity of Radiesse

+1

How long Radiesse will last depends on a number of different factors.  1.) how your body reacts to the filler 2.) how much Radiesse was injected 3.) whether you followed proper protocol after the injection: not manipulating area after treatment and avoiding extreme hot or cold weather.  Unfortunately, it is impossible to increase the longevity of Radiesse; however, staying on a maintenance schedule that includes reoccurring injections (typically every 12-24 months) will help you obtain the best results.  I hope that you find this information useful!

Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse reabsorption, results to last, fillers

+1

Hello I have also been disappointed with the longevity of Radiesse. I have found that longevity is usually shorter than Restylane/Perlane. With the higher cost and shorter duration the only place I would recommend it for is the tear trough area.          

Making Radiesse Last Longer

+1

There really is no way to make your Radiesse injections last longer, but the good news is that, in my experience, you shouldn't worry about it disappearing in days or weeks.  As with any filler, the duration of result is somewhat variable in each person, but Radiesse generally lasts for at least 9-12 months.  Sometimes there is a need for a minor touch up after the initial swelling from the injections goes down, but the results are usually more durable than with hyaluronic acid fillers.

Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Making Radiesse last longer

+1

That is a great question. However, I am not certain that anyone can properly answer it. There are no known ways of making the Radiesse last longer.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/skin-procedures-chicago/injectables/evolence-radiesse/

Can you make Radiesse last longer?

+1

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any method to make a filler last longer.  Each individual will have a resorption rate that is different.  There is no way to predict this.  Find a practitioner you trust and go by their recommendations.

Hurricane Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse is an effective dermal filler with good longevity

+1

Radiesse is a powerful dermal filler that is comprised of the ground substance of bone. For this reason, Radiesse has excellent longevity. Your body will react to Radiesse slowly but eventually the results will wear off. This may occur after 15 to 18 months. There is no exercise or medication that you can take to prolong these results

Radiesse Duration

+1

Radiesse does not disappear in a few days or weeks. Sometimes what happens is this: the carrier in which the Radiesse is dissolved will disappear within a few weeks. Therefore, the initial benefits may disappear within several weeks to a month.

However, at that point the Radiesse will have begun to stimulate collagen and months after treatment you may look better than you did just one month after treatment.

To your health,
Dr. David Goldberg