How Can I Get Rid of Skin Rippling?

I had Smart Lipo done a year ago on my inner and outer thighs, and didn't get good results. I am 5'4", and weigh 130 lbs. I have exercised consistently for 20 years and have good muscle structure, so I was mortified when I looked in the mirror and saw the rippling that I have. I don't know how I missed the rippling over the last year, maybe it's recent. Any suggestions for getting rid of this?

Skin rippling

+1

Rippling can be caused by superficial liposuction or extreme weight loss.  If you only noticed it a year after the liposuction, then I would suspect that there are more factors than just the liposuction.  However, it is likely a contributing factor.  My suggestion to other patients is to have your procedures done by a highly trained, board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

Rippling usually comes from liposuction too close to the skin

+1

What you are describing (but without the benefit of photos its impossible to be certain) sounds like your liposuction was perhaps performed too close to your skin surface. Rippling is not the same as laxity and the other doctors who have answered this question so far (they are not plastic surgeons) may have mistaken what you are describing. Unfortunately, most Smart liposuction in the US seems to be performed not be real plastic surgeons but by doctors who want an entry into the cosmetic surgery arena but have no formal plastic surgery training. At your size, I would strongly doubt that you need "body lifting" as was suggested by the other non-plastic surgeon's answer. Rather, it sounds like you perhaps had a technically poorly performed procedure. Unfortunately, the rippling is virtually impossible to correct. Check the true credentials of the doctor who did your surgery.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS