What Can I Do to Get 6 Pack Abs?

Hi everyone, I have been trying these for months and months but it doesn’t help me anymore. I am talking about six pack abs that I am trying to get. I joined a gym for this and the trainer told me that I would get them…but NOOOO!! That did not help me and later on I have tried a few tips that I have been suggested by my friends but that also was of no use (the whole thing helped the abs a little…but not as I wanted).So, now can anyone suggest me any ways or ideas to get them? Can anyone help me get six pack abs???? Thanks for any help!!!

Surgery is not the answer to six-pack abs.

+3

I assure you, you already have the 'six-pack' that you desire, but its likely buried beneath a layer of abdominal fat. Without the benefit of seeing your photographs, it's difficult to say if there is a surgical option for you; there might be, but none are very effective.

Frankly, the best way to define the abdominal muscles that you currently have is to lose the excess body fat you have the old-fashioned way: diet, exercise and possibly a little genetics...

If you're spending a lot of time in the gym, it may be worthwhile spending a couple of work-outs per week outside of the gym riding a bike, speed hiking or running for an hour. There is no question that sustained aerobic activity a couple of times per week is the best way to burn fat, improve your cardiovascular status and crank up your metabolism. Plus, it's a heck of a lot more fun than spending an hour at the gym.

It's not a wasted effort: the muscle bulk you've attained by hard work in the gym will only be more defined and visible by shedding some excess body fat. You won't lose the muscle bulk.

As for diet: shed the carbs. It's as simple as that. Drop the pasta, chips, bread and bagels and replace them with a vegetarian dish. Keep your protein intake at what you would normally eat per your trainer's recommendations (1.5-2 grams/kilogram of body weight per day). Stay hydrated with WATER.

As for genetics: you either have got the 'skinny' gene, or you don't. If you don't, then you're going to have to work a little harder than Carlos Sastre, winner of the 2008 Tour de France, who has got the 'skinny' gene. Oh, wait: it's impossible to work harder than that guy!

In summary: surgery is probably not the answer. Diet and training, and a little luck, are your best bet.

Most Kindly,

Scott C. Sattler MD FACS

Why settle for 6-pack abs when you can have an 8-pack?

+1

Hi 1-pack,

Recently in Las Vegas at both The Aesthetic Show and Facial Cosmetic Surgery 2008, John Millard of Denver, CO presented most impressive results of creating 6 and 8-pack abs using Vaser lipo-sculpting. The before and after pictures were most impressive using the Vaser laser treatment. Be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Six pack abs ARE possible with the VASER!

+1

Hi there-

IN order to achieve the appearance of a six pack, you need to maintain a body fat percentage below about 5%... this requires some serious effort and sacrifice.

If your abdominal muscles are already in reasonable shape (meaning they can be felt through the skin even if they are not visible), VASER abdominal etching can be performed to selectively remove fat in the areas between the muscle bellies, and thus bring out the appearance of the six pack. This is a very particular technique that not all surgeons familiar with the VASER will be experienced in, and in inexperienced hands can results in a burn of the skin, so find a surgeon with a lot of VASER experience as well as experience with the etching technique for maximum safety and the best outcome.

How best to know you've found the right surgeon? Read this:

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

How to Get "six-pack abs" with VASER Liposuction?

+1

You CAN get "six-pack abs" in 2 stages.

Exercise, tone and create those muscles. Once the muscles are there it would take either a significant weight loss to unveil them.

If you cannot lose the fat between the skin and the abdominal muscles with proper diet and exercise, VASER Liposuction with "abdominal etching" will help. By selectively removing the fat layer above the muscles, the "six-pack" WILL become obvious.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea