How Can I Get Rid of Sculptra?

I had two sessions of Sculptra in my lower face over a year ago, and I hate it so much. Is there anything I can do to get rid of it faster?

Sculptra

+2

The volume that you have now in your lower face is most likely at this time your own collagen.  There is really nothing that can be done at this time.  It will possibly take a couple years for it to go down.

Sculptra removal

+2

I would say it would be pretty impossible to remove the Sculptra, unless you have isolated bumps that are bothering you. This material is injected like a slurry under the skin and injected all over the place, that it wold be difficult to remove.  It will run its course, but it will take a year or two.

Permanence of Sculptra after treatment

+1

Individual Sculptra nodules can be removed surgically, but the overall volume that it has stimulated can not be removed.  While the volume will resolve in ~2 years, there may be other things your surgeon could do to improve the shape of your face in the interim.  

Sculptra can't be removed, your result is collagen

+1

Sculptra is a collagen stimulator. The effects you see are not Sculptra but the "results" of the formation of collagen because of the Sculptra particles injected.

Your facial shape changes all the time. Aging will definitely make the lower face look more square and heavier in almost everyone. What you hate now may not be Sculptra-induced at all.

In any event, even if the Sculptra is the reason, your own collagen will break down in its natural course. There is no method of selectively removing collagen.

The purpose of Sculptra is to restore volume in areas of the face where volume loss normally occurs -- in the cheeks, temples and some areas of the lower face.

What you after with any injected product is a balance of proportion and of contour. Sculptra is very much dependent upon injector technique. In the U.S. only certain physicians are allowed to use Sculptra and there is a training requirement in place.

Because "waiting" is not something that you will appreciate, you might consider speaking to a good cosmetic dermatologist who may be able to provide some temporary contouring with a hyaluronic acid to bring more emphasis to your cheek bones.

Again, the key is proportional balance.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon