How Can I Get Rid of Dark Circles Caused by Broken Blood Vessels Under my Eyes?

I had an accident 3 months ago which left me with two black eyes. In my right eye I had one stitch taken. I have no scars, but the blood accumulated under my eyes and I still have a blueish bruise under my right eye that will not go away. My left eye is a little better. I look as if I have very bad dark circles under my eyes, as if mascara or liner had run in those areas. My skin type is medium. I tan easily. I'm 36 but before this I looked 26. I have healthy skin but I do have some brown freckles/sunspots.
This has been very frustrating for me. I never had to use any kind of concealers or base before this. And they do not cover these bruises - just make them less dark. Now I can't go anywhere without makeup - it's almost like been afraid to go out - I feel I have to hide my face. People at work are worried and ask questions, so do my friends and family.
Before this I was considerd a very beautiful woman. I only want to look as I used to. The nature of my accident was very traumatic and I have to remember what happened to me every time I look in the mirror. I don't want to live with an eternal reminder of what happened.
My doctor told me blood had accumulated and the body might take a longer time to eliminate it, but it might not and it could stay like that. It's been 3 monthas already and it seems it will not go away.
I will like to know, due to the nature of my dark circles, what are the alternatives I should consider. Laser?
Thanks for answering.
D. in Puerto Rico

Treatment of dark circles from broken blood vessels depends

+1

You may be misdiagnosing yourself. If you are of dark complexion, sometimes trauma to the skin can cause the melanocytes to produce more pigment for quite a while (many months). If you wish to send a photo of the involved area, I can probably give you a more informed opinion.