How Can I Build Trust Between Me and my Doctor?

Trust

+1

One builds trust with a surgeon through time.  A surgeon can not rush through a consultation and hope to understand a patient's lifestyle, life stage, and goals for the procedure. Moreover, trust is a process that generally requires multiple visits to the office.

One can build trust with their doctor by spending time...

+1

One can build trust with their doctor by spending time with their doctor during a second office visit prior to surgery. If a doctor does not welcome you to think about your decision and return for a second visit, that might not be the right doctor and indicate a lack of patience on their part.

Talk to your doctor about your fears and expectations.

Mark Codner, MD