How to Prevent Scars or Scarring from a Laser Treatment?

the one fear I have about laser treatment like Fraxel is the danger/risk/side effect of scarring. are laser scars avoidable?

Scar Prevention - Choose the Right Physician

Choosing the right physician is key in preventing a scar following laser skin resurfacing. A very experienced doctor/surgeon will be able to determine the proper treatment plan and individualize it for each patient. The skin color, amount of sun damage, texture, wrinkles and degree of irregular pigmentation are some of the important unique issues that must be considered. A physician who only uses one type of laser does not have the "armament" to treat all skin conditions. It is important to consider the physician's years in practice, his volume of patients and his reputation. A great physician will also know how to handle any complications that may occur. Proper preparations prior to Fraxel laser treatment and post-laser skin care will greatly help to diminish the risk of scarring. I hope you find this helpful. Good luck!