Does Your Weight Increase or Decrease After a Brazilian Butt Lift?

I understand that with a BBL fat is being transferred from the abs, flanks etc to the butt and hips. I also have been told that about 20% of that fat transfer will be lost. With that being said does that mean my weight decreases after the BBL? Will I need to get a whole new wardrobe of pants? I currently wear a size 6. My doctor has advised me to gain 5-7 lbs.

+1

Thank you for your question, The Brazilian Butt Lift is not a surgical procedure for weight loss, its common for patients to think that since they are taking fat from their body they will loose weight, however that is not always the case, since the fat is being grafted to other areas of your body, its common for patients to maintain around the same weight even tough their bodies look very different after surgery.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Do you gain or loose weight after a Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)?

+1

Generally speaking there are no changes to your weight in a Brazilian Butt Lift. If anything you might loose a couple of pounds because of the surgical stress and liposuction. 

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Does weight increase or decrease after the BBL?

+1

Generally speaking, the BBL does not result in significant weight change. Most patients do not need to change their wardrobe. Your buttocks will just fill out your pants or skirt more fully. If you undergo. though, extensive Liposuction during the procedure you may need make some wardroe changes. You should seek consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience performing the BBL.

George Lefkovits, MD

Does Your Weight Increase or Decrease After a Brazilian Butt Lift?Does Your Weight Increase or Decrease After a Brazilian Butt L

+1

Much of the answer to this question will depend upon how dramatic a change you want.  If you want a dramatic change, you may be doing some shopping.  The weight generally remains very similar.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA