Would it be unwise to get a "touch up" nose job procedure? Is it worth the risks?

I had a nose job last November, i love the bridge of my nose, its like perfectly straight, but the tip still looks bulbous and undefined and i was wondering if it was possible and worth the risk to go back under and have more work done on my nose tip? How much is a touch up procedure? How long should I wait until i consider it?

Appropriate time to consider revision surgery

+1
Your nose will continue to heal and change in appearance for a year, and even up to 2 years for patients with thick skin.  The tip is the area that swelling after surgery will take the longest to resolve, so give it a chance to fully heal before considering a revision surgery.  Based on the thickness of your skin, further refinement of your tip may or may not be possible.  

Bulbous tip

+1
Although a bulbous tip is a very common finding, addressing it remains a very controversial procedure.
There has to be a balance between preventing a pinched tip, vs a natural refined look.  Seek the advice of an experienced rhinoplasty specialist.

If there was minimal work done to your tip, you may be a candidate for further refinement. However, each patient should  be addressed individually. Submitting photos is most important for addressing your particular issue.

Post photos, or, if uncomfortable seek a consultation.

Good luck,

Michel Siegel, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Re: Would it be unwise to get a "touch up" nose job procedure

+1

It is felt by most rhinoplasty surgeons that any revisions should be done after sufficient healing has occurred.  This is usually around 7 to 9 months. 

I personally like to have the area in question become supple and free of any cyclical swelling, or tenderness before a follow-up procedure is contemplated.  This often requires patience and focal tissue massage that we teach our patients during the healing period.

Thank you,

S.P. Maggi, MD, FACS

Sergio P. Maggi, MD

+1
   I would wait at least one year before considering a revision.

Los Angeles, CA......

+1
The answer is, yes, you can have a tipplasty to address the bulbous tip, but I would wait a minimum of a year.  Rhinoplasty recovery may take from 8 months up to completely heal.  Give it time before you decide to have a revision.

Revisional surgery after rhinoplasty is not uncommon.

+1
One has to be sure that the improvement from a revision is predictable. This is something between you and your plastic surgeon. I would not embark on a revision for at least six months two-year after there has been no visible change the nose over a longTime interval.

Touch up

+1
If your first surgery was closed.....wait at least one full year. If it was open, I would wait a minimum of 18 months. Also, a "tip touch-up" is often not a simple minor procedure at all. Disuss your goals with your surgeon at the appropriate time.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Is touch up needed?

+1
It's usually possible to go back and revise the tip but I would recommend waiting at least a year to allow for all of the swelling to subside and allow you and the surgeon to see everything better.

Ronald Schuster, MD