Should I Be Considering a Umbilicoplasty? (photo)

I had a tummy tuck 9 months ago and I love my results except my belly button seems stretched and large. Not just to me but several prope have said so and could tell I got a TT. I would like opinions on if it looks large and Will a umbilicoplasty fix this? Shoud I be considering a umbilicoplasty or a scar revision? Also will a umbilicoplasty fix the knot under my belly button?

Belly Button Revision and Tummy Tuck Revision

+1

I perform many belly button revisions and feel that a small belly button revision procedure can improve your results with the belly button and tummy tuck. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Should I Be Considering a Umbilicoplasty?

+1

It is almost always possible to tell that someone has had a tummy tuck no matter how well done the result.  Having said that, an umbilicoplasty may be appropriate in your case, but does not reflect a poor job done by the original surgeon.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tucks and tummy tuck revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Reducing belly buttons

+1

are not simple nor predictable.  I've evolved to suggest to my patients that they consider giving up their belly buttons if they are not too attached to them and they are not 'pretty' ones.  At a later time, a reconstruction can be done that creates a dimple where the belly button should be and is smaller, less deep, and usually better looking then the native belly button retained and inset through a skin incision which leaves a scar as you have.  Since you're beyond this, you need to see your surgeon and mull over the options given and pick the one best for you.

Curtis Wong, MD

Umbilicoplasty is not as easy as it sounds

+1

Your belly button looks a bit wide but reducing it isn't as easy as it may seem. One way is to take an ellipse out right down the middle.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS