Would it be best to have a tummy tuck or a butt lift first? (Photos)

I have lost a lot of weight and have a huge hanging stomach. I am 260 ish I go between 270 and 250 not really losing any more weight. With this weight change there is no change in the way my clothes fit just the scale. I think it is fluid in my stomach tissue. As you can see in the pics I have a high shelf butt but no lower butt and a huge belly. I also want to know will compression garments help with the fluid that is being held in the fat??

+1
Thank you for your question .

Your first step should be loose weight in order to be at good BMI so that you are healthy for a procedure.

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Tummy tuck or butt lift

+1
I think that you probably are not a candidate for either one at this point. Based upon your photos, I think you need to lose weight.

Would it be best to have a tummy tuck or a butt lift first?

+1

Due to the nature of your hanging tissue, you may benefit from a panniculectomy.  Then more weight can be lost with exercise made easier, and you can pursue a BBL and tummy tuck later. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

TT

+1
Thank you for the pictures and congrats on loosing the weight.

How ever, I don't think you're quite ready for plastic surgery yet and recommend for you to loose more weight. For a tummy tuck and liposuction great results, you have to weigh no more than 160-180 pounds. I suggest to consider having a Bariatric surgery first, which would be safer for you as well in regards to surgery length and recovery and it ill get your body ready for the completion with plastic surgery.

Good luck,
Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon