Tummy Tuck and Laparoscopic Surgery for Hysterectomy? (photo)

My tubes are tied, and my doctor and I decided that a partial hysterectomy is ideal due to treat a uterine fibroid. I had a revised tummy tuck in October of 2010 with a high belly button placement and heavy stitches below my belly button to my incision line, which is very high as well. Can my tummy tuck be affected? I see that a laparoscopic hysterectomy uses the belly button as a port entrance. I'm afraid I have too much scar tissue there as well as the concern of affecting the stitches.

Laparoscopic hysterectomy after abdominoplasty

+2

I am glad you are doing your research. There are many that had laparoscopic surgeries after abdominoplasty very succesfully and with out complications. Please talk it over with your gynecologist and have him/her discuss it with your palstic surgeon.

Good luck

Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Laparoscopic Surgery after Tummy Tuck

+1

Laparoscopic surgery after tummy tuck probably poses little impediment to performing the surgery.  Your laparoscopic surgeon should be able to reassure you.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy Tuck and Laparoscopic Surgery for Hysterectomy?

+1

Many women who have had tummy tucks eventually wind up in surgery for abdominal or pelvic operations. Any stitches around the navel should be long dissolved, and any permanent ones are not needed two years later. 

The planned procedure should not disrupt the surgery done by your plastic surgeon. An open operation, on the other hand, probably would.

Thanks for your question, all the best.