Will it be possible to straighten my nose and reshape my nostrils and make it look natural? (photos)

I have a unique case where my insurance will cover my surgery because i have nasal deformity from birth. I was suppose to have been born with a cleft lip. But it missed my lip and I have a crooked nose. Will it be possible to straighten my nose and reshape my nostrils and make it look natural? I also want my tip reconstruted. Right now it is droopy because i dont have cartilage in my tip.

Rhinoplasty with graft

+1
You will need an open rhinoplasty to reshape your tip, elevate it slightly and reshape your nostrils.If you are missing cartilage from your tip, you may need a cartilage graft from either your ear or rib.It would be best for you to have a personal examination with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Will it be possible to straighten my nose and reshape my nostrils and make it look natural?

+1
   I think that the nose can be refined and the nostrils improved with more tip elevation and definition.

Straightening the nose from a cleft lip and palate deformity

+1
An assymetric nose from a cleft lip and/or palate deformity requires specific attention to structure, symmetry, and function. Often times a rib cartilage graft is necessary for accomplishing all of these goals. I recommend consultation with a facial plastic surgeon with experience in this area. Your insurance will need to be authorized for this surgery and documentation of the birth deformity turned in to your insurer for approval.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon