Can I still go bigger on my breast implants from a full C to at least a double D without looking top heavy or fake? (photo)

I am 50, 5'4" , 150 lbs., wears a 34 B. ( more of a small B). At first I wanted to become a full C . During the first consultation, I chose the 397 cc silicone breast implant for my right breast and a 421 cc for the left . ( one is smaller than the other). After doing the rice test, I realized that the 451 cc looked better and fuller on my chest. My surgery is on the 18th of Aug. I wanted to make the best choice of my life.

Implants to achieve a DD cup size

+1
You did not mention if your surgeon was placing the implants under the muscle or not. This may make a difference in how "full" you will look initially since placing implants under the muscle appear smaller initially until the implants drop into the pocket. If you have concerns about the implant size, I would advise you to ask to speak to the surgeon or the nurse to discuss implant sizes again. Also, different types of implants can be used to fit your body type based on your chest measurements. It is not unusual in my practice for patients to come in to visit with the nurse separately about implant range of sizes. Then when I am in the OR, I can place the implant that matches the wishes of the patient. I hope that this helps and that you will have a chance to revisit with the surgeon or the nurse regarding your implant sizes.

Can I still go bigger on my breast implants from a full C to at least a double D without looking top heavy or fake?

+1
Return to your chosen surgeon to discuss in detail AGAIN... Than you can determine the size you desire.....

The best implant sizes to achieve your goals

+1
There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Choosing breast implant size for a full D cup

+1
Thank you for your question.  The short answer is that if you like the larger size implant that was decided upon during your plastic surgery consultation then you should be able to accommodate the larger size.  The important thing is your starting from a very good place.

Please revisit your plastic surgeon and undergo another sizing system evaluation hopefully using specially shaped implants in a sports bra to see how you will look with various sizes.

For more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Too Big?

+1
Dear BB,
Thank you for your post.  Based on your body frame, I do not think that D or DD is too big.  Try on sizers that match this size in a sports bra or tight shirt.  This will give you a good idea of the size.  
Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implants

+1
Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! best, Dean Vistnes, M.D

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

+1

Thank you for the question and picture. Based on your photograph, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  In regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you  with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.  2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C or DD cup" or "top heavy or fake" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers, viewing the patient's breasts in the upright and supine position, are very helpful during the breast implant selection process.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.