Do seromas form pseudobursa in as little as a week? (photo)

I had aggressive lipo done about 3 weeks ago. My first aspiration was 500cc ,350,150cc and 100ccs. move when I touched them and felt firm instead. I was thinking maybe my body reabsorbed the fluid on its own... However, After taking a few pics I noticed the two sides slightly appear to bulge out. Do you think I formed a pseudo bursa over the two seromas that quick? If so is there anything I can do now aside from surgery? My ps lives in another state so it's hard to find treatment.

Liposuction

+1

Anything is possible. Personally, I don't think they form this early but it is possible. The most important issue here is that you need to find a local PS that is willing to see you regularly and aspirate any collections. They can examine you and advise you regarding your bulges. Be sure to see a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Post surgery checkups are mandatory

+1

Hello!!!

Liposuction can be an aggressive procedure and result in alot of bruising and swelling after the surgery. The swelling will gradualy subside in 3 months. Actually about 50% of the swelling will be gone after one month post surgery. Another 25% at the end of the second month and the last 25% at the end of the 3rd month.3 weeks is a short amount of time and you will see better results at the end of the third month. You need to make an effort to make an appointment with your PS when you reach one month so he can evaluate your body and answer your questions and doubts. You should have an appointment every month for the first 3 months and then one at 6 months and the final appointment at one year.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Seroma and pseudobursas

+1

I think that treatment performing aspiration is a good approach initially. I believe that pseudobursas do not develop so quickly and if the seroma is treated frequently, it may resolve and not develop a pseudobursa which usually requires surgical excision.

Do seromas form pseudobursa in as little as a week?

+1

Yes, it is possible that you have a psuedobursa, but more importantly, you should find a surgeon who is willing to continue aspirations until you no longer have fluid- that is going to give you your best chance at not needing another surgery.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pseudo bursa formation

+1

Dear perrya,

Although it is possible to form a pseudo bursa in 3 weeks it can also be swelling. I would definitely wait a few more months and wear your abdominal binder consistently before deciding on what the final result is.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD