8 days post op, is it possible of getting a uniboob? (photos)

I am 8 days post surgery . I had lift and 225cc silicone implant put in . I don't really know much about implants and things that could happen . A friend said I better hope I don't get a uniboob!!! I'm afraid . What should I do ? Is this possible for me ?

You have NO evidence for symmastia ("uniboob").

+3
I'm not sure why you call this person your friend when she has no plastic surgical training or experience, yet feels compelled to comment negatively on what appears to be a splendid early result. Unless, of course, she's also  telling you you'd better hope you don't get hit by a bus or struck by lightning! Your result should be "perfect" as your implants drop into place as your pockets and incisions heal and mature.

You should listen to your surgeon, as s/he has done a fabulous job, and your "friend" is making you worry needlessly. Share your concerns with your surgeon and ask if s/he has any suggestions to minimize this occurring. I would advise against wearing bras that compress the breasts inward (like push-up bras or stretch bras) and minimize strenuous activities for the first 2-3 weeks.

I see nothing of concern here but a busybody "friend." Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implants

+2
Hi P,
You look great.  No evidence of uniboob (synmastia).  You are lucky to look so good.  Fabulous work!  All the best, "Dr. Joe"

Joe Gryskiewicz, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

8 days post op, is it possible of getting a uniboob

+2
Stop listening to your friend! They are not surgeons and LOOK at your posted photo... You are NO where near a "uni boob"... 

No evidence of symmastia

+2
You should not worry about comments that has no place in your recovery. Your have good results and should call your surgeon if there is any concerns. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

No symmastia

+2
You look fantastic! Your surgeon did a great job. There is no communication b/w the left and right breast pocket. Best of Luck with your continued recovery!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Not Uniboob for you

+2
It does not appear that you have a uniboob (symmastia).  Good luck in your recovery.  

Gaurav Bharti

Gaurav Bharti, MD
Johnson City Plastic Surgeon

Results

+2
Let's just say your "friend" is not really being a "friend".  Based on your photo, there is no evidence of a "uni-boob" or synmastia.  You have some mild bruising and swelling which is completely normal just 8 days after surgery.  So stop listening to this "friend" who is unnecessarily stressing you out.  It looks like you are on your way to an excellent result.  Please followup with your PS as scheduled.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

You have tight cleavage, no uniboob

+2
Your early results appear very good.  The distance between the breast mounds is narrow, but the
normal boundaries appear to have been conserved.  A "uniboob" is the layman's term for symmastia, when there is a communication between both breasts.  Your photo does not appear to show this.  Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

Uniboob, (symmastia), eight days post op?

+1
Thank you for the photo. There is no evidence of a uniboob, (symmastia), in this photo.  It looks like you are going to get a very nice result when it all settles in.  Please follow the instructions of your board certified plastic surgeon.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

You do not have a you know relax and don't talk to other people

+1
You have an excellent result and is actually no evidence of the Symmastia or UnabootUniboob. Only express your concerns to your plastic surgeon.  Please do not read about complications on the Internet or listen to other people.  Keep your breast augmentation a private matter between you and your family.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS